Normal Topic Sdesigner crashes (Read 984 times)
proudpoppy
Members

Do What ??

Sdesigner crashes
Jun 23rd, 2004 at 11:33pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have been using sesane alot since last Friday and I started on my laptop and had no problems, but when I got back to work sdesigner locks up within minutes on my desktop, After several minutes I get a blue screen telling me that something has caused a critical error, and later when xp-pro reboots it tells me more "The driver for the display device was unable to complete a drawing operation", I have a S3 Graphics prosavageDDR with 32megs memory and my screen resolution is 1024*768, 32 bits color, my layout in sdesigner has only two static elements on it, I have not had any problems with any other programs.When it freezes it cannot be ctl-alt-del, it freezes for about 4-5 minutes and then goes to the blue screen and then dumps memory to the HD annd reboots.I have downloaded the latest driver from S3 dated 6/2/04. Cry

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Sdesigner crashes
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2004 at 1:32am
Print Post Print Post  
Are you doing anything in particular when it locks up?

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

proudpoppy
Members

Do What ??

Reply #2 - Jun 24th, 2004 at 11:33am
Print Post Print Post  
Usually when it freezes I'm moving the mouse pointer from the layout to the property editor.The only thing I can think of is maybe the layout is to big, 850 Width,1100 height ??Once in a while windows will get control and instead of the blue screen I get windows back but at 460*640 resolution and 4-bits, with the color being all messed up.

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #3 - Jun 24th, 2004 at 11:36am
Print Post Print Post  
It shouldn't have anything to do with your layout size. This is going to be quite difficult to troubleshoot without your specific hardware, but we'll check into it.

- Hammer
IP Logged

proudpoppy
Members

Do What ??

Reply #4 - Jul 20th, 2004 at 6:24pm
Print Post Print Post  
8) Problem Solved, went to display settings,advanced,troubleshoot and adjusted the hardware acceleration down one notch, "which disabled bitmap and cursor acceleration". Running Smooth

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #5 - Jul 20th, 2004 at 6:33pm
Print Post Print Post  
Great! Thanks for letting us know. We'll add this to our support database in case anyone else with your graphics card has the same problem.

- Hammer
IP Logged