Normal Topic News letter (Read 4925 times)
FredG

No personal text

News letter
Dec 17th, 2003 at 4:32am
Print Post Print Post  
Roll Eyes Is there going to be a monthly newsletter devoted to Sesame.   Where and When.

IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Re: News letter
Reply #1 - Dec 17th, 2003 at 5:31am
Print Post Print Post  
Hi FredG,

Check out InsideSesame.com. It is from the people that brought us  the Quick Answer newsletter covering Q&A . That site is at least one answer to your question.  Smiley There may be others I have not heard about yet.

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

FredG

No personal text

Reply #2 - Dec 17th, 2003 at 4:38pm
Print Post Print Post  
I heard or read that the Quick Answer for QA Dos. would end 1/1/2004 and  continue as the Quick Answer for Sesame, I think we should just continue our subscription to the Quick Answer for DOS.

IP Logged

TJCajun

"Laissez les bons temps
rouler"

Reply #3 - Dec 17th, 2003 at 5:18pm
Print Post Print Post  
The Quick Answer (TQA) had its last issue just last month - November 2003.  (The Quick Answer covered all versions of Q&A, and during 2003 had numerous articles and informational tidbits about Sesame).  Subscribers to TQA have options to "switch" to Inside Sesame.  You can visit the website at  www.insidesesame.com for all the details, and you can make your decisions online.

The first issue of Inside Sesame is due out about January 5, 2004 - I believe.  Read about the various ways that subscribers will have to get Inside Sesame on the website.

IP Logged

FredG

No personal text

Reply #4 - Dec 18th, 2003 at 4:37am
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks for the reply, I just signed up for 1 year of Inside Sesame.   I just received Sesame today, you know how that felt,  Great....    I installed it on a win98 computer,  everything went well except the end, when I clicked on Finish I got a message that read:
Windows cannot find qawrite.exe.
I have QA Dos. on that computer.
any help please.  thanks.

IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Reply #5 - Dec 18th, 2003 at 6:35am
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
I just received Sesame today, you know how that felt,  Great....   

I am sooooooooooooooooooo jealous!  Cry

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

Alec
Lanticans

Reply #6 - Dec 18th, 2003 at 1:10pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
 everything went well except the end, when I clicked on Finish I got a message that read:
Windows cannot find qawrite.exe.

Hi Fred.  The problem is that on this computer you have files with the extension .TXT associated with QAWRITE.  When the Sesame setup program finished you left the "open README.TXT" checkbox checked - which is correct - and setup was unable to find the QAWrite program: maybe you moved or deleted it.

It is normal to have .TXT files associated with NOTEPAD.  This might cause you problems later with export files etc.

To always use NOTEPAD for TXT files do the following...

1. Open Windows Explorer or My Computer.
2. Find a file with the extension .TXT
3. Right-click on the file
4. Select Open With ..
5. Select "Choose Program"
6. Select Notepad
7. Check the box "Always use this program to open these files"
8. Click OK

This "problem" in no way affects Sesame. It was already installed when you saw that message. I take it you are using Sesame happily? You didn't say.

Alec
IP Logged

Alec
Lanticans

Reply #7 - Dec 18th, 2003 at 1:18pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
I am sooooooooooooooooooo jealous!  Cry

You won't have long to wait Bob.  I do know that yours has already been dispatched.  We are using UPS ground, and due to the season deliveries might take a day or two longer. We hear they are overloaded.
Look out for that brown van!

Alec
IP Logged

FredG

No personal text

Reply #8 - Dec 18th, 2003 at 1:48pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Hi Fred.  The problem is that on this computer you have files with the extension .TXT associated with QAWRITE.  When the Sesame setup program finished you left the "open README.TXT" checkbox checked - which is correct - and setup was unable to find the QAWrite program: maybe you moved or deleted it.

It is normal to have .TXT files associated with NOTEPAD.  Phone Bill H. and he'll talk you through it, because this will cause you problems later with export files etc.

This "problem" in no way affects Sesame. It was already installed when you saw that message. I take it you are using Sesame happily? You didn't say.

I just opened the box and installed Sesame, haven't had a chance to play yet, I will call Bill H. ASAP. thanks for the reply.

IP Logged