Normal Topic Old Function Key Uses (Read 2054 times)
Kpu_Bailey

Old Function Key Uses
Dec 22nd, 2003 at 10:01pm
Print Post Print Post  
Do we still have the old Ctrl f6 Shift f5 to copy a old record to a new record  ???

IP Logged

johnpieters

Holland Europe

Re: Old Function Key Uses
Reply #1 - Dec 22nd, 2003 at 10:23pm
Print Post Print Post  
What about (?):

ALT-F8   =  Open Spec Manager

F8  =  sort

???

IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Reply #2 - Dec 22nd, 2003 at 10:24pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Do we still have the old Ctrl f6 Shift f5 to copy a old record to a new record  ???

Hi Kpu_Baily

I looked in the handy dandy manuals I received this morning and easily found some info that might answer your question (I love the manuals already. The spiral binding is great!)

On page 467 of the Sesame User Guide it shows Shift F5 Dittos (copies) a whole record. It overwrites the entire current record with the record last entered (it asks for user confirmation first) It says it can be used in Add Data, Search update and Table view modes.

On page 468 of the Sesame User Guide it shows CTRL F6 is used in Search Update to switch From Update to add mode.

Hope this helps

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #3 - Dec 22nd, 2003 at 10:48pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Do we still have the old Ctrl f6 Shift f5 to copy a old record to a new record

No. Sesame's modes work a bit differently. To do this, you can retrieve only the record you want to copy, press F10 to get a new blank record and Shift-F5 to ditto. This will also work if the record you want to copy is the last one in your Result Set. In Sesame, you can add new records on to the end of an existing Result Set. You don't need to switch to another Tab.

Quote:
ALT-F8   =  Open Spec Manager

No, but I think we might be able to implement this. Watch for the release announcements. Well try to get this in.

Quote:
F8  =  sort

F8 still forces a Form to calculate, just like in Q&A. As to Sort, there is no longer the need for a keystroke to switch to a Sort Spec. The Sort Spec is always there at the bottom left of your screen.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged