Normal Topic Trying to Accelerate the Learning Curve (Read 1072 times)
josebetzy

Hmmm. How? Cómo?

Trying to Accelerate the Learning Curve
Dec 27th, 2003 at 2:17pm
Print Post Print Post  
As I read the replys on the forum, it seems that I'm not alone as I try to get a handle on Sesame.  Obviously, the more you work with it, things will begin to fall in place. At this point, I continue to work with the tutorials and with my client QA5 databases.

One thing I would like to mention is that I was able to translate my first database without any problem. This database (QA5) had 70 fields, covering 9 pages and 10,350 records. Prior to receiving Sesame (I received it on the 24th) I had followed the cleaning process from the Lantica website. The whole process took about 13 minutes. I have a P4 1.8Mhz with 768MB Ram XP-Pro. 

The resulting database was workable within Sesame. Now I have to work with the form, programming, etc. One thing I noted was the speed. Using F7 to search for specific records (Mun..) in the blink of an eye they were there, displayed. In QA5 it would take several seconds to see the displayed records. I was able to print the converted reports but it printed the report and displayed it on my browser. I have to find out how to make it print out in MS Word.

The forum has been very helpful as I read what others are doing, trying and running into. I hope many continue to post their problems and solutions.

Well, back to the learning Sesame.

Jose L. Muñoz

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Trying to Accelerate the Learning Curve
Reply #1 - Dec 27th, 2003 at 2:32pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
I was able to print the converted reports but it printed the report and displayed it on my browser. I have to find out how to make it print out in MS Word.

Hi Jose,

We're glad your conversion went well!

On reports: Sesame reports are HTML. They will always be automatically displayed in your browser for Print Preview. However, if you look at your address bar, you will see that your browser is displaying an html file. That html file is your report. You can close your browser and open that same file in MS Word. It should read it in quite nicely.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged