Normal Topic Sbasically Confused (Read 1862 times)
BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Sbasically Confused
Dec 29th, 2003 at 10:17pm
Print Post Print Post  
I am afraid i am Sbasically Confused  ???

I have a form called basic info it has a subform called Invoice data. On the Invoice data subform it has a table subform to a form called Line item master.

When a search is performed the client data is displayed on the main form, invoice data is displayed in the subform and invoice detail is displayed on the table subform.

The InvTotal field on the Invoice data form is using on form entry and on element entry programming of

var vcnt as int
var vloop as int
var vmytotal as double

vmytotal = 0
vcnt = @FormResultSetTotal("Line item master")
vloop = 1
while vloop <= vcnt
{
  vmytotal = vmytotal + @tomoney(@FormFieldValue("line item master", "ItemExtAmt", vloop))
  vloop = vloop + 1
}
invtotal = vmytotal

To total all line items associated with that invoice and returning the total amount of that particular invoice.

The basic info form has a field called Invoicetotalall that uses on record entry logic of

var vAcnt as int
var vAloop as int
var vAmytotal as double

vAmytotal = 0
vAcnt = @FormResultSetTotal("inv data")
vAloop = 1
while vAloop <= vAcnt
{
  vAmytotal = vAmytotal + @tomoney(@FormFieldValue("inv data", "INVTOTAL", valoop))
  valoop = valoop + 1
}
InVoiceTotalAll = vAmytotal

To total all invoices for this client and returns the total amount the client has outstanding to the field InVoiceTotal.

My problems are first when my search finds the record it flashes the amount of times equal to the amount of line items. The math comes out correctly and all the data displays correctly but it looks real hokey.

The second problem is I have command buttons on the basic info form and on the invoice data form that has logic of

var vtable as int

if invRep <>  "mcsd"

{

Vtable=@selectTreeitem ("Search Update Menu!Other Commands!Table View (Shift-F6)")
}

that pops up the data in table view format. Since I added the @FormResultSetTotal stuff I cannot use the table view buttons until I press save record. I figure the @FormResultSetTotal logic is updating the record each time its accessed so I need to save the record. Do I add the @save command to my table view logic or do I add Saving logic to the @FormResultSetTotal stuff?

Is my approach to what I would like to accomplish correct or are there better ways?

All help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: Sbasically Confused
Reply #1 - Dec 29th, 2003 at 11:00pm
Print Post Print Post  
You don't sound very confused at all. It looks like you are on the right track. If you want I'll look into the "flashing". Calling @save might get rid of the alert between you and table view. There is a known bug where Sesame considers a form changed even if it hasn't.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Reply #2 - Dec 30th, 2003 at 2:55am
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
There is a known bug where Sesame considers a form changed even if it hasn't.

How about providing a Forum Topic named Known Problems, and provide details about workarounds/status?  Read Only, maintained at your end.  Create some type of status ranking and update status as known.

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #3 - Dec 30th, 2003 at 6:08am
Print Post Print Post  
I see that list, workarounds and updates are maintained in the "Support" link from the Home Page of this site. Great job!  Thanks to all of you for posting on this forum, it makes learning a little easier.

IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Reply #4 - Dec 30th, 2003 at 7:00am
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks Bharat_Naik for pointing that out.

Here is a link to the Known Issues page: http://www.lantica.com/Support/sesame_workarounds.html.

Looks good to see that it is current and that Sesame 1.01 already has fixes in it.

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged