Normal Topic Statisfaction ****High***Praise*** (Read 1028 times)
dcostanzo
Members

No personal text

Statisfaction ****High***Praise***
Dec 31st, 2003 at 3:46pm
Print Post Print Post  
SmileyHello Lanticians, Seseme members

I have been very much enjoying the power that Sesame offers. I am not a profient programer/user and my learning curve has been steep.  I have using Q&A 4.0 and 5.0 DOS since 1989. I currently running a very busy environmental firm with the old Q&A versions and now in the process of translating everthing to Sesame. What I think is nice is I can use Q&A up to until such a time that I have redesigned/tested the first generation Sesame application.

All Q&A translations seem to have gone well. The more I use it, the more I like it. My two largest stubbling blocks are learning the SBasic programing language and understanding how to create new free form reports that I lost in the translation. Also, I am excited about re-thinking/resesigning forms and the new things that can be created with mulit-forms (databases under one roof) Amazingly It is like a relational database.

I think that this forum is great and is nice to get technical support on this new product and would like to thank those whom have taken the time to help.

I am sure being a novice, I have not even discoverd the power Sesame offers over Q&A.  I am absolutely sticking by this software product.

Nice job to the Lantica team on a  great release.

Regards,

Dave Costanzo

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: Statisfaction ****High***Praise***
Reply #1 - Dec 31st, 2003 at 4:34pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thank you very much. Being a 1.0 release that is related to a very good and very stable product, we get get two sides to every coin. On one hand we get a group of people that are enthusiastic and excited about Sesame because it is Q&A related. On the other hand we get directly compared to a twenty-some year old product that all of its users know like the back of the their hands.

I often find myself feeling like the parent dropping their kid off at pre-school for the very first time - very protective, even a little defensive. On the other side of this forum and the Lantica support folks are a handful of developers waiting anxiously for each and every bug report and criticism. And while, as professionals, it is our job to not take them personally, it is always reinvigorating when someone positively acknowledges what we have done.

So, if you like it now - as a 1.0 version, imagine how Sesame will be once its 20 years old!

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged