Normal Topic Trial download? (Read 2621 times)
Remon

No personal text

Trial download?
Dec 15th, 2003 at 10:10am
Print Post Print Post  
Hello there,

good work with the enrolement of Sesame 1!
I'm seeking for a replacement for Q&A 4, my boss would love it if it is Sesame, but he won't buy before seeing it at work. So I am hoping for a trial version.

Is it possible to get one? Don't see it on the site..

Thank you...

Remon

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Trial download?
Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2003 at 12:35pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Hello there,

good work with the enrolement of Sesame 1!
I'm seeking for a replacement for Q&A 4, my boss would love it if it is Sesame, but he won't buy before seeing it at work. So I am hoping for a trial version.

Is it possible to get one? Don't see it on the site..

We'll be making a trial version available shortly. I'll post an announcement here when it's online.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Remon

No personal text

Reply #2 - Dec 15th, 2003 at 12:40pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thank you,

that would be great, i'll be trying it right away when it's online!

Remon

IP Logged

rampam32

No personal text

Reply #3 - Dec 16th, 2003 at 3:35pm
Print Post Print Post  
During the past year I have tried to go through the steps of Sesame. I had posted problems and concerns only to find the message board would not "take" them. I emailed my problems of this and it was not resolved till a few months back.
My main concern of Sesame was the "ease of use" capabablity compared to QA1-4 (The windows version stunk). How is the "end product"of Sesame going to differ from our "beta" version? I found the beta version confusing and difficult to use. Is there any "previews" to show how the new Sesame is going to funtion?
Thanks-

rick

ps- I would also have been happy to have had a program that made the orginal version of Q&A1-4 (DOS)work as it did on Windows XP. It only needed a "screen display modification (or this could have been done manually) and most importantly, PRINT capabability. Or a utility or "drivers" that would allow ink jets, etc. I think many people would feel this would have been fine as well.
thanks again-

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #4 - Dec 16th, 2003 at 3:53pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
During the past year I have tried to go through the steps of Sesame. I had posted problems and concerns only to find the message board would not "tke" them. I emailed my problems of this and it was not resolved till a few months back.

If you're referring to the Beta Tester Forum, that was something the developers put up as a private project to informally keep in touch with the Beta Testers. I'm sorry if it gave you trouble. It's the same program as this Forum, so please let us know if you continue to have trouble. If your issues were reported to the Beta team per the instructions in the Beta package, then we may have resolved at least some of them in the release version.

Quote:
My main concern of Sesame was the "ease of use" capabablity compared to QA1-4 (The windows version stunk). How is the "end product" going to differ from our "beta" version? I found the beta version confusing and difficult to use. Is there any "previews" to show how the new Sesame is going to funtion?
Thanks-

rick

We should have the trial version available soon. As to "confusing", the Release version has a huge advantage over the Beta versions in that regard simply by having full documentation and Help. If you continue to find it confusing, I hope that you will take advantage of the Support Form located at http://www.lantica.com/Support/support_request_form.html to let us know. Your feedback is a big part of shaping future versions of Sesame.

- Hammer
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #5 - Dec 21st, 2003 at 9:18pm
Print Post Print Post  
The trial versions are available for download. See this thread for more info:
http://www.lantica.com/Forum2/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=gen_disc;action=display...

- Hammer
IP Logged

Chris

No personal text

Reply #6 - Jan 2nd, 2004 at 6:37am
Print Post Print Post  
Does the trial version expire?  Like in 30,60,90 days and quit working or have some of the features been disabled.  I'd like to download it but don't really have time right now to test it and if it expires then I'll wait until later in the year when I have time.

Thanks,
Chris

IP Logged

Jax

Reply #7 - Jan 2nd, 2004 at 9:56am
Print Post Print Post  
Chris

You'll find the answers to your questions at the link given by Hammer above.  or go through the Lantica website www.lantica.com and follow the link to downloads where it is fully explained.

IP Logged