Normal Topic Using a previously-saved retreive -Trouble Loading (Read 1011 times)
dcostanzo
Members

No personal text

Using a previously-saved retreive -Trouble Loading
Jan 6th, 2004 at 4:45pm
Print Post Print Post  
Greetings,

I am working in a saved *.db database

Followed the steps on pp 224 users guide on saving a search and prepared a retrieve spec.

I called the retreive spec "TEC" under element Company Name. It retreived 68 records.

When I follow the instructions on  Using a previously-saved retrieve.  It does not load the spec when I closed Spec Manager?  The search screen is blank, where I was expecting it to load the saved spec? If I F10, it then brings up all my records.

I have tried this this few times even on different elements?

Has anyone experienced this? Or am I doing something wrong here.

Regards,

Dave Costanzo

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Using a previously-saved retreive -Trouble Loa
Reply #1 - Jan 6th, 2004 at 5:13pm
Print Post Print Post  
I'm able to save and load specs. I'm not sure if you're doing something wrong because I can't see what you are doing.  Grin

When you click the Load button, does the name of your saved spec appear in the "Currently Loaded" box?

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

dcostanzo
Members

No personal text

Reply #2 - Jan 6th, 2004 at 6:49pm
Print Post Print Post  
Ok   Its working correctly.   Smiley

For some reason after I closed and reopen the *.db database to check on your question the saved retrieve spec loaded.

I am not sure why it did not load the first time I tried it?.  Really, I am not  Hallucinating-huh!

Thanks for checking on this.

Regards,

Dave Costanzo

IP Logged

Alec
Lanticans

Reply #3 - Jan 6th, 2004 at 7:01pm
Print Post Print Post  
Glad it's working for you now.  Assuming you are saving your retrieve spec properly, what's probably happening is this:
You are going into spec manager and clicking - or maybe double-clicking - on the named spec in the list of retrieve specs, and then clicking on "Close". But without actually clicking on the "Load" button the spec name does not move to the right-hand side of the window.
It's easy to do things like this until you get used to them - and you soon will.

Alec
IP Logged