Normal Topic translating problem (Read 1133 times)
nipper

No personal text

translating problem
Jan 6th, 2004 at 6:35pm
Print Post Print Post  
When translating my customer  qa 4.0 database,(#3 of 3) sesame translates to 100%, then produces an sesame error and shuts down.  Any Ideas?

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: translating problem
Reply #1 - Jan 6th, 2004 at 6:48pm
Print Post Print Post  
See if this is your problem.

From the Workarounds page:

Quote:
Bug (unnumbered): Some Q&A databases crash Sesame while translating reports.

Symptoms:
During Q&A database translation Sesame either reports an error and ceases operation (crashes) or locks up, especially late in the translation process. There may be a complaint in the log file indicating "blank layout element name used."

Workaround:
In Q&A check all reports for a derived column with a heading that is blank. Either exclude that report from the translation or name that column.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

nipper

No personal text

Reply #2 - Jan 6th, 2004 at 11:27pm
Print Post Print Post  
I did not find any blank fields but I did delete all my reports in that database.  The only reports left are old dos reports that do not allow for deletion.  Same result now with the translation.  The database has almost 10,000 records, shall I remove some of them?

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #3 - Jan 6th, 2004 at 11:34pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
I did not find any blank fields but I did delete all my reports in that database.  The only reports left are old dos reports that do not allow for deletion.  Same result now with the translation.  The database has almost 10,000 records, shall I remove some of them?

Q&A database corruption of various sorts can account for this type of problem. I recommend you contact tech support. They can help you check your database for corruption. Regardless, we'd like for you to send the dtf and idx to support@lantica.com for debugging purposes. Even if we can't translate corrupted databases, we'd like to catch any crashes or lockups.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged