Normal Topic Report Writer- Columnar How to  grandtotal a sum? (Read 1274 times)
dcostanzo
Members

No personal text

Report Writer- Columnar How to  grandtotal a sum?
Jan 8th, 2004 at 2:53pm
Print Post Print Post  
Greetings Sesme members!

Working in Report Writer.
Created a new columnar report using dates and numbers.

I created a summary calculation (Sum) in a value box

Group Body     Group Footer

Value                      Sum
[LE8]                      [LE23]
QTY Tons NY           LE8

In my report preview, works fine for on one date retreive spec,  but when I ran a multi date retreive spec, I now need to grand total the sum [LE23]. I tried to create a new value box in Group Footer asking LE23 to sum, but it did not grand total in preview. Seame did not give  an option to sum LE23 that would make LE23 a grand total.  I need this information to view in a report that shows a week of dates totaling the sums. Also I find that if break is set on a date it will subtotal if not set then it will total. How do you get sub total and grand totals in report?

Any tips to get LE23 to grand total? What report sections should this be done in?

Regards,

Dave Costanzo

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Report Writer- Columnar How to  grandtotal a s
Reply #1 - Jan 8th, 2004 at 3:49pm
Print Post Print Post  
Try placing another Sum element in the View Footer, which Sums the same LE as the one in the Group Footer..

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

dcostanzo
Members

No personal text

Reply #2 - Jan 8th, 2004 at 4:20pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thank you Hammer!

I have it now grand totaling. I understand this now.
The report writer takes alittle to get used to.

Q- the total is showing up at bottom left and not under the column I need. I have tried to add appropriate number of "spacers" and it still has not put in column I need.  Thanks again for your tip.

Any tips here.

Regards,

Dave Costanzo

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #3 - Jan 8th, 2004 at 5:28pm
Print Post Print Post  
The only sections that can made to line up under each other in columns are the three Group sections. Under the hood, we are building an HTML table. The other headers and footers are free of the constraints of that table and always behave as "freeform" sections. Instead of lining the Grand Total up under a particular column, add a Static Text element before it with a label like "Total Tons:".

If you can read HTML, you can see what I'm talking about by using View Source from your browser after your report is generated.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged