Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Sesame and conversion of Jewelsoft (Read 4876 times)
Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Sesame and conversion of Jewelsoft
Reply #15 - Jan 6th, 2004 at 12:08am
Print Post Print Post  
Layers,

We're looking into your crash. In the meantime, you may want to take a look at the Q&A Translation Guide. You have a number of field names that need to be legalized, and it is much easier to do this in Q&A before translation. There is also quite a bit of good advice in there regarding restrictions and making sure that your data can be resolved to the correct type for the field.

Once we solve your crash, your overall translation will be much smoother if you do the pre-translation prep work.   Smiley

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

layers

No personal text

Reply #16 - Jan 6th, 2004 at 1:09am
Print Post Print Post  
I know there's a lot of work ahead on this but was curious to see it translated raw before changing anything in Q&A.
Was suprised by the crashes though. Have done a conversion of the other  segments (database files) w/ out that  problem.

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #17 - Jan 6th, 2004 at 11:21pm
Print Post Print Post  
I got your application, both the .db and the original .dtf. The problem in Sesame has been found and fixed - thank you for your help. I was able to translate and run the resulting .db. The fixes for Sesame will be included in the next release.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

layers

No personal text

Reply #18 - Jan 8th, 2004 at 5:56pm
Print Post Print Post  
Glad we could help. Anything that you found that would help us out would be appreciated. Will the clean up of the Q&A file solve the problem or did it go deeper than that. If deeper I would like the converted file that you have that is useable. Maybe it can be reworked in Designer.

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #19 - Jan 8th, 2004 at 7:12pm
Print Post Print Post  
It had to do with the length of the error messages being generated while translating the programming from Q&A Basic to SBasic.

The next release is being tested now and should be ready for download very soon. It has a fix in it for this bug.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print