Normal Topic Lost Layouts (Read 1056 times)
Carl Underwood
Members

Lost Layouts
Jan 11th, 2004 at 4:39am
Print Post Print Post  
I have a translated Q&A database that has somehow lost both layouts (the db and the lookup table).  The layouts were there in Sesame, but when I selected Redesign Current Application, Designer just diplayed the original db name and "Lookup Table" under Redesign/Customize a Form.  (I could change the plus sign to a minus, but the tree did not expand any further.)

Is this something you have seen before?

I also had this happen with a newly created application using the beta version, but I couldn't reproduce it in order to write up any details for a bug report.  (Also, it was sometime in October or November, so I thought it wasn't worth reporting since Lantica announced that the software was done at that time -- you only were waiting to print the manuals.)

Carl Underwood
CDU Computer Consulting LLC
Epsom, New Hampshire
IP Logged

Carl Underwood
Members

Re: Lost Layouts
Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2004 at 4:52am
Print Post Print Post  
I forgot to mention I have the files if you think you can use them to figure out what went wrong.  Unfortunately Sesame no longer diplays the layouts either, because once the app was closed, I could not access it even after "unlocking".  So I used Designer and the dsr file to Save As New Application, and I overwrote the db/dat files. Tongue

Carl Underwood
Epsom, New Hampshire
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #2 - Jan 11th, 2004 at 2:35pm
Print Post Print Post  
The only other time I've seen this happen is when somebody was accidentally using an old Beta version instead of Sesame 1.0 itself for part of the process. Could you try this again, starting from the translation, and confirm that you are using the correct version of Sesame and Designer at all stages?

If it still happens, send me the Q&A database, so we can give it a try.

Thanks, Carl!

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Carl Underwood
Members

Reply #3 - Jan 11th, 2004 at 5:49pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
...confirm that you are using the correct version of Sesame and Designer at all stages?

I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but the one thing I am sure of, is that I was using only the final release from translation to loss of layouts; because I had just translated the db minutes before.  I did some minor changes to the programming in Designer just before the problem showed up.

Quote:
If it still happens, send me the Q&A database, so we can give it a try.

I'll see if I can reproduce this problem, and let you know.

Carl Underwood
Epsom, New Hampshire
IP Logged