Normal Topic @number or @globalvalue? (Read 955 times)
layers

No personal text

@number or @globalvalue?
Jan 13th, 2004 at 3:46am
Print Post Print Post  
Trying to re-design a form which I have imported data to.
I need to have a numbering system on the records. I already have a field for numbers and w/ the imported records the number goes up to 800. Would like to start new entries at
1000 and keep the sequence going from there. Don't want to use @number (which I assume could start at 1000 (?)) because of the "limitations" of only one per application. Now my old Q&A had  1 sequential numbering system in 2 seperate databases. Is the @number limited in sesame of one per application or 1 per database? I'm new to this so I hope you understand what I'm getting at.
Anyways I would like to use the @globalvalue (which works fine except I haven't figured out how to start at a certain #)
Just tried it in test mode in designer (test of the db not program) but it numbers from 1 and then goes up from there. THE CODE: if @isnew and nber = "" Then {nber = @tonumber(@globalvalue (1000)) + 1
globalvalue (1000 , nber) }
What's the best way? 

IP Logged

layers

No personal text

Re: @number or @globalvalue?
Reply #1 - Jan 13th, 2004 at 4:01am
Print Post Print Post  
Even sillier question? How do you completely delete a database from an application? I have 2 databases but need to eliminate one. Can't find what I need to do this.

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #2 - Jan 13th, 2004 at 5:13am
Print Post Print Post  
Yes, you can have multiple counters. There has been extensive discussion on that topic including how that can be accomplished, under the topic "Crashing Sdesigner".  Bob Scott has explained the method in detail. Please follow the link-

http://www.lantica.com/Forum2/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=gen_disc;action=display...

I hope this will help.

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #3 - Jan 13th, 2004 at 5:31am
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Even sillier question? How do you completely delete a database from an application? I have 2 databases but need to eliminate one. Can't find what I need to do this.

Go in SDesigner. Open existing application. Click on Manage a Database. Each Database will have two choices -
1. Manage Fields 2. Manage Layout
Choose Manage Fields
Under actions tab, one of the choices is delete Database, after choosing that press button - Add trasection to batch,  and then run the batch.

If I am not right or something lacking, I am sure a lantican will drop in a few lines for further clarification.

IP Logged