Normal Topic Sesame deletes the 1st letter of graphics file (Read 1394 times)
rtaaop

No personal text

Sesame deletes the 1st letter of graphics file
Jan 6th, 2004 at 12:17am
Print Post Print Post  
I retrieve a Jpeg file, photo comes up in the image box. I save it using F10. I hit F9 and the image is no longer there. When I double click the image box, I find Sesame has deleted the first letter of the file. I add the first letter back, manually, save it, press F9 and the image is now visible. Anyone else have this problem?

IP Logged

Alec
Lanticans

Re: Sesame deletes the 1st letter of graphics file
Reply #1 - Jan 6th, 2004 at 10:41pm
Print Post Print Post  
This is mysterious. I've never seen this. Can you give more information please?
Is this in add mode or search/update mode?
Can you give an example of a filename?
Are you typing just the filename, or a path too?

Alec
IP Logged

rtaaop

No personal text

Reply #2 - Jan 6th, 2004 at 11:43pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi, Alec:
Thank you for responding to my question. I have my image files on an external iomega zip 100 removable disk in the "g:" drive. Sample file: G:\stangl\birds\3400lovebird.jpg. The number in this file defines the kind of bird in this instance. When I double click on the image block in "update mode" it sends me to the "g:" drive, and after selecting the proper graphic, the graphic is inserted into the image block. Everything is normal up to this point. When I save it using F10 and return to the record using F9, the graphic has disappeared. I double click on the image block and the file that one sees is "tangl\birds\3400lovebird.jpg." The "s" is removed from the file. Actually, this also occurs,  after inserting the graphic the first time, if instead of saving it, I double click on the image block again, that "s" is missing from the file.  When I manually add the "s" back to the beginning and save it, Sesame takes it without complaint. At first, I thought Sesame was objecting to the length of the graphic file but many of my files are much shorter and Sesame on my computer deletes the first letter in every instance regardless of length.  I also thought that Sesame was objecting to my having the graphics on an external drive. I have not tested this with graphics in the default Sesame Directory. It would be very interesting if you could duplicate this phenomenon. I do thank you again for responding and hope that it's just a simple quirk that is isolated to my setup. Thanks, Alec. Drexel

IP Logged

Alec
Lanticans

Reply #3 - Jan 14th, 2004 at 7:31pm
Print Post Print Post  
We have verified that this is indeed a bug. We are working on it. Thanks for reporting this so clearly.

Alec
IP Logged

Alec
Lanticans

Reply #4 - Jan 14th, 2004 at 11:32pm
Print Post Print Post  
This has now been fixed. You'll find it's OK in the next release, due very shortly.

Alec
IP Logged

rtaaop

No personal text

Reply #5 - Jan 15th, 2004 at 4:03am
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks, Alec. I really appreciate your effort in this regard.

IP Logged