Normal Topic General Questions Related to Programming (Read 971 times)
josebetzy

Hmmm. How? Cómo?

General Questions Related to Programming
Jan 16th, 2004 at 10:58pm
Print Post Print Post  
1. How can I print out the element names so that I may have an easier time of programming. In QA one could go to Design-Program-field names and print out that form and see the field names as they appear on the form.

2. In the program editor the ability of Sesame to apply various form elements events is great.  Am learning to understand each and when to apply. When I translated a QA file each (field) now element has an event attached to it.  How can I change it and how do I know that the change has taken place.  Example: I have an element named PRGCOST (program cost) which basically adds up several other elements. In the program editor it shows that the form element is "On Form Change".  How can I change it to "On Element Immediate Change". I have tried but am unsure what I am doing. Am I thinking correctly or not. Guidance requested.

Jose L. Muñoz

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Re: General Questions Related to Programming
Reply #1 - Jan 16th, 2004 at 11:26pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
1. How can I print out the element names so that I may have an easier time of programming. In QA one could go to Design-Program-field names and print out that form and see the field names as they appear on the form. 

You can print out the Program Module from Program Layout Editor. Pull down file menu has that choice. The file will be saved with .pgm extention. Open that with either wordpad or notepad. It has all the layout element name and programming.

Quote:
2. In the program editor the ability of Sesame to apply various form elements events is great.  Am learning to understand each and when to apply. When I translated a QA file each (field) now element has an event attached to it.  How can I change it and how do I know that the change has taken place.  Example: I have an element named PRGCOST (program cost) which basically adds up several other elements. In the program editor it shows that the form element is "On Form Change".  How can I change it to "On Element Immediate Change". I have tried but am unsure what I am doing. Am I thinking correctly or not. Guidance requested.

Program Layout menu also has copy, paste, cut..etc. choice from edit pull down menu. Cut from one event and Paste in the other event. I hope this helps.

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Re: General Questions Related to Programming
Reply #2 - Jan 17th, 2004 at 2:33am
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:

Let me be little more specific:

You can export all the programming  to text file (ctrl +s)from Program Layout Editor. Pull down file menu has that choice "Export all to text file". The file will be saved with .pgm extention. Open that with either wordpad or notepad. It has all the layout element name and programming.

Exact Sequence is-
sDesinger
Open existing application
Redesign Layout
From Command Menu - Program Layout
File Pull down Menu
Export all to text file
Saved as .pgm file
Open with Notepad or wordpad

IP Logged