Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Just my 2 cents worth. And of course a request for (Read 6823 times)
Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Just my 2 cents worth. And of course a request
Reply #15 - Jan 16th, 2004 at 5:44pm
Print Post Print Post  
Becky,

Double-check that you have only the GoTo's you think you do, and that they are only in the OnElementExit events.

Try commenting out all the programming except the one statement that is not working and see if it still acts funny.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

GW

No personal text

Reply #16 - Jan 16th, 2004 at 6:00pm
Print Post Print Post  
Maybe the screen shot will stay there now Wink

Tried again but for some reason I cannot get the image to remain viewable in the post.
any ideas why?

Erika, I will do as you suggest, then recheck it for the 10th  time, I know its going to be one of those duh! moments  Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2004 at 10:27pm by GW »  

IP Logged

GW

No personal text

Reply #17 - Jan 17th, 2004 at 2:35am
Print Post Print Post  
Erika here's the results on my correction attempt to the Goto statements, I have been thru it and double checked the statements, they appear to be all correct, spelling etc etc and all are on element exit but I still have the same problem.
Now here's the interesting part.

Change the Goto statement in Zip to "Goto Ship To" it works but bypasses Zip4 element of course.
If I delete the Zip4 element the navigation changes and goes to "Terms" yet the on element exit statemnent in Zip has not changed, add an element next to Zip and give it any name and the navigation statement in Zip starts working again.

I'm begining  to get touge twisted on this one not to mention confused  Smiley

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #18 - Jan 17th, 2004 at 10:25am
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Change the Goto statement in Zip to "Goto Ship To" it works but bypasses Zip4 element of course.
If I delete the Zip4 element the navigation changes and goes to "Terms" yet the on element exit statemnent in Zip has not changed, add an element next to Zip and give it any name and the navigation statement in Zip starts working again.

I'm begining  to get touge twisted on this one not to mention confused 

Becky, I am not sure if I understood the problem correctly, but I think, this might be related to placements of horizontally placed elements on the form. If it is not, please excuse me.

Natural Navigation (Navigation without any goto statement) is based on layout element Y position. If you put multiple elements horizontally, and Y position of those elements are not the same, you will find that natural navigation would not work the way you hoped it would. Just use <tab> keys in search mode to see that naviagion work properly, especially in the elements placed horizontally.

If not, check Y position of each element individually that are placed horizontally and make sure y position of all horizonally placed elements are the same (by looking in the property viewer) and change them if you have to by moving the elements as needed.

One can do that by choosing the elements in one line, and  aligning vetrically (top) using property editor.

IP Logged

GW

No personal text

Reply #19 - Jan 17th, 2004 at 4:43pm
Print Post Print Post  
Bharat_Naik
Quote:
Becky, I am not sure if I understood the problem correctly, but I think, this might be related to placements of horizontally placed elements on the form. If it is not, please excuse me.

I thought that this maybe apart of it, but at this stage I canot pin point the problem, cannot get the screen shot to stay in the previous post which would make my ramblings easier to understand.
So will try and confuse everyone a little more with my explanations  Smiley

Quote:
Natural Navigation (Navigation without any goto statement) is based on layout element Y position. If you put multiple elements horizontally, and Y position of those elements are not the same, you will find that natural navigation would not work

Its because I have elements aligned horiztonal that I need the goto statements. I need to go vertically down the "Y" from "Name, Address, City, State" then go horizontal on the "X" to "Zip, Zip4" then go back up the form to a "Y" postion equal to "Name" (if that makes sense) for the "Ship To" element.
All elements are aligned in the "X" & "Y" positions.

One other factor which I haven't tried changing is that all elements are all single field text except for the "Ship To" which is a multi line text element, but I wouldn't think that should make a difference, its still the navigation programing of the GoTo statement that is not working

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #20 - Jan 17th, 2004 at 5:30pm
Print Post Print Post  
Becky,

In order for the screenshot to be visible on this Forum, the image must be available online somewhere. You can't embed a graphic into the post. The image file needs to be accessible, the same way it needs to be accessible to be seen on a web page.

As to your navigation issues, can you send a copy of your application to support@lantica.com ? You can remove the records if you need to. It will be easier to help you if I can actually see what we've got.

- Hammer
IP Logged

GW

No personal text

Reply #21 - Jan 17th, 2004 at 8:06pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
In order for the screenshot to be visible on this Forum, the image must be available online somewhere

Yes is was, It was in mybriefcase on Yahoo, but when I logged off for some reason it would disappear.
Have moved it to another site so hope it works better.

If I carn't fix this form issue this weekend, I will send to support. Didn't really want to bother support with a nickle and dime thing when there's more than likely greater issues with fixes at present.

Right now the form is stripped of all programing except the Goto's but nothing has changed. Sad

IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Reply #22 - Jan 17th, 2004 at 8:24pm
Print Post Print Post  
Becky,

Your invoice looks nice!  Smiley

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

GW

No personal text

Reply #23 - Jan 17th, 2004 at 9:09pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks Bob,
Notice your little "Open/Close" button on top  Grin

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #24 - Jan 18th, 2004 at 3:15pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Right now the form is stripped of all programing except the Goto's but nothing has changed.

Becky,

The problem is likely to be the GoTo's, not the other programming. There may be two GoTo's interfering with each other.

- Hammer
IP Logged

GW

No personal text

Reply #25 - Jan 18th, 2004 at 8:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
Erika,
This one's whipped me!
In a copy of the form, I stripped everything down to just blank elements with the Goto in Zip4 and it still reacts the same.
The form copy I made using "manage a database/manage layouts/copy layout/choose form to copy/ gave new name of InvNav"
This form shows up in the command tree under the form it was copied from (Invoice) but I cannot find it anywhere with a .dsr ext so I can send to support, what have I missed doing here?

IP Logged

TJCajun

"Laissez les bons temps
rouler"

Reply #26 - Jan 19th, 2004 at 12:53am
Print Post Print Post  
Becky, throwing some ideas at you... maybe something will help...

Remember that programming should reference LAYOUT ELEMENT NAMES, not field names in the database.  Check to be sure that the LE name for ZIP4 is really set to the proper thing, and that what is on the screen is not what you might be using in programming, if the actual layout element name is different.  (Hope that makes some sense.)

Navigation can be affected by read-only fields, and element level security.  Don't know if this can have any effect on what you are doing.

Is the "Ship To" layout element named properly?  Is there any chance it is named slightly differently?  (Maybe an extra space, or no space)

Try building another totally new (start from scratch) database, that contains only a few fields.  These would be layout elements:  State, Zip, Zip4, Ship To, and Terms.  These are the layout elements that are the ones that might be involved.  I included State only because it is a non-necessary field, to sort of get things going but not be a critical field.  Create these new LE in a vertical fashion in a new database.  Add the GoTo statements as you have in the other database.   See if you can get proper navigation.  (skipping from Zip to Ship To, etc.)  Once that is working, then we know there is not some anomoly with a LE named Zip4.   

Now move the Ship To  layout element around on the screen, positioning it differently to see if position on the screen has any effect.  It shouldn't.

Some of my ideas may be totally out in left field - but I thought I'd offer them.   Good Luck!

IP Logged

GW

No personal text

Reply #27 - Jan 19th, 2004 at 1:43am
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks TJ, for all the suggestions, most of them I have tried. If I put the goto statement in the "Zip" element it works, if I delete the "Zip4" element then the statement in "Zip" quits working, add a new "Zip4" element back and the Goto statement in "Zip" works again.
My form might need exorcising.  Grin

Each time I added a program or navigation statement I ran the Test Program, it showed no errors.

Either way this one whipped me so I sent it off to support tonight, hopefully they can correct my ill-fated form.

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #28 - Jan 19th, 2004 at 5:41pm
Print Post Print Post  
Becky,

I found the problem and it is a bug regarding Combo Boxes. A fix will appear in the forthcoming release. As a temporary workaround, simply move the Combo Box "Terms" so that it, and no other combo box is the "natural" next L.E. after Zip4.

Thank you for your patience!

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

GW

No personal text

Reply #29 - Jan 19th, 2004 at 7:08pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks Mark,
Not only is it great to have the support of the Lantica/Sesame team but also helps to know I haven't gone totally batty  Grin

Appreciate the work around - becky

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print