Normal Topic The Sample Applications (Read 388 times)
Alec
Lanticans

The Sample Applications
Jan 24th, 2004 at 3:24pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sample files

The Sample applications installed with Sesame are placed in the folder SAMPLES, which is under the Data folder. This is done deliberately to separate Lantica's sample files from YOUR files.
Should you wish to rename one of the sample applications (because for example its name is the same as one you want to use), this can be done using Windows Explorer or "My Computer". Be sure to rename both the .DB & the .DAT file, identically.

If you want to rename the application within Sesame, this is not possible. But you can COPY an application in Sesame.  Use Application Utilities / Backup Application.  You can give the copy a different name and/or save it in a different location.  You can then overwrite the original one if you wish.

If you want to "Refresh" your sample applications, then you can copy them from the orginal Sesame CD.  The whole of the Sesame folder structure is provided on the CD uncompressed. So you can copy any files from the CD using Windows Explorer or "My Computer" or your favourite file management program.

Depending on your operating system you may find that the files after you have copied them from the CD are read-only. This is certainly the case with Windows ME/98 and older. You cannot write data to database applications that are read-only (but take care - Sesame will open them). If this affects you, select the .DB and the .DAT file in Explorer, click on File/Properties, and uncheck the Read-Only attribute.

Alec
IP Logged