Normal Topic Combo Box Related Problem (Read 1143 times)
Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Combo Box Related Problem
Jan 23rd, 2004 at 6:10pm
Print Post Print Post  
Whenever you goto Combo Box, the element exit event code does not work in the element you come from. This is true using <tab> key and Mouse both. It seems to be an obvious bug. Did anybody report it? In order for form programming not get affected, you have to put form element without on exit element event code just before the combo box element.

Or just I am doing something wrong?

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: Combo Box Related Problem
Reply #1 - Jan 23rd, 2004 at 6:45pm
Print Post Print Post  
It is a known bug. Its been fixed in 1.0.1 (the next release). And yes,  actually, one of the forum members reported it.

The temporary workaround is to move the combo box (or another field), so that the "natural next LE" is not the combo box.

I'm sorry I didn't get this on the workarounds page.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #2 - Jan 23rd, 2004 at 6:59pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks Mark.  I thought, I was doing something wrong.  BTW, did you have chance to look into xUserSelectR problem related to space value?

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - Jan 23rd, 2004 at 7:25pm
Print Post Print Post  
Looking at it now.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

GW

No personal text

Reply #4 - Jan 24th, 2004 at 2:19am
Print Post Print Post  
Bharat, the work around for the combo box that I used was to add a text box and make invisible prior to the combo box. I put the Goto statement in the element before the added text box so it jumps over the added box and to the element I wanted.
Works fine for me. Smiley

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #5 - Jan 24th, 2004 at 3:07am
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
I put the Goto statement in the element before the added text box so it jumps over the added box and to the element I wanted.

Becky, good thinking for making invisible element prior to Combo Box. However, the problem is element exit event code would not work in the element in which you put the goto statement. Try this using mouse, jump using mouse from any element that has element exit event programming to the combo-box and the element exit event code would not work. May be you do not have element exit code other than goto statement and it hover over the invisible element just as it does over the read only field so you may not be noticeing.

So, basically it boils down to one work-around that to have an element which does not have significant exit event codeing prior to the combobox.  Thanks for your input.

May be I am wrong.  Well, we should have bug-fixed version pretty soon anyway.

IP Logged

GW

No personal text

Reply #6 - Jan 24th, 2004 at 3:43pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
May be you do not have element exit code other than goto statement and it hover over the invisible element just as it does over the read only field so you may not be noticeing

Bharat, you are correct I only have a on exit Goto statement in the element, but the difference between your application and mine is that I am detouring the natural navigation from going to a combo box to a multi line text box instead, then through natural navigation return to the combo box. Without the invisable box it would not let me make this detour.

IP Logged