Normal Topic Naming new reports/imported specs (Read 584 times)
jcraves

No personal text

Naming new reports/imported specs
Jan 25th, 2004 at 12:13am
Print Post Print Post  
I've translated one of my many Q&A databases, and have it working.  Until I started working with the reports.

1) This should be simple. How in the heck do you name a new report or rename an old one?  You save the layout design, test it, reconcile it, run it...but nowhere can I find a way to change the name beyond "New Report".  Ditto renaming an old report.

2) None of my translated reports work.  I realize I have to redo the summary calcs and do other cosmetic fixes.  But I am having problems with the attached specs. They appear correct when I look at them, but they just don't work. All I get are column headers, no data.

IP Logged

Alec
Lanticans

Re: Naming new reports/imported specs
Reply #1 - Jan 25th, 2004 at 1:16pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
How in the heck do you name a new report or rename an old one?  You save the layout design, test it, reconcile it, run it...but nowhere can I find a way to change the name beyond "New Report".  Ditto renaming an old report.

There are actually two places in Designer where you can rename forms and reports. One is in the property Editor: Click on the "Other" tab and select "Options for: Layout".
This is where you can delete, rename and copy layouts. "Layouts" are forms & reports.
So this is where you can make a copy of a form or a report and then experiment on the copy. This should be handy for you in your experiments with your reports.
You can also use Layout Manager to make a copy of an existing form or report and use that as the basis for re-designing subsequent ones, so you don't have to re-design from scratch.
The simplest way of managing layouts is by using the .. Layout Manager. From the Design menu select Manage a Database / select the database / Manage Layouts.

Alec
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Naming new reports/imported specs
Reply #2 - Jan 25th, 2004 at 2:52pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
2) None of my translated reports work.  I realize I have to redo the summary calcs and do other cosmetic fixes.  But I am having problems with the attached specs. They appear correct when I look at them, but they just don't work. All I get are column headers, no data.

There is a bug with translated reports that have attached specs. This is fixed in the upcoming bug release. Meanwhile, if you detach the specs from your report, you should get data. Instructions for doing this begin on page 369 of the User Guide.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged