Normal Topic General Questions on Designer (Read 763 times)
josebetzy

Hmmm. How? Cómo?

General Questions on Designer
Jan 26th, 2004 at 3:11am
Print Post Print Post  
SDesigner is excellent and I like it. The more you work with it the easier it gets to obtain desired results.

Q1: Is there any way of getting the splash screen to cover the full right hand block when Sesame opens. Lantica info can stay, but the size of the splash screen so far is limited.

Q2: Is there anyway to include textured or photo backfill for the forms. Perhaps in future ver. the ability to add ones own textured backfill colors.

Jose L. Muñoz

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: General Questions on Designer
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2004 at 1:01pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
SDesigner is excellent and I like it. The more you work with it the easier it gets to obtain desired results.

Q1: Is there any way of getting the splash screen to cover the full right hand block when Sesame opens. Lantica info can stay, but the size of the splash screen so far is limited.

You can change the image displayed using the -splash startup switch, but you can't change the size.

Quote:
Q2: Is there anyway to include textured or photo backfill for the forms. Perhaps in future ver. the ability to add ones own textured backfill colors.

No, just solid colors , at this time. You may be able to fake this using a Static Image that is the same size as your Form, but I haven't tried this.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

TJCajun

"Laissez les bons temps
rouler"

Re: General Questions on Designer
Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2004 at 3:12pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:

I have been doing a little work with the Static Elements (Text, Box, Line and Static Picture).  You can generate a graphic image with texture, place it as a Static Picture, and make it nearly the same size as your canvas.  You may have to leave a small area of the Sesame canvas, but you can change the color on this so that it will look like a border.  I don't know what will happen if you change the screen resolution; or what will happen if you change the canvas size after placing the image.

Experiment with either BMP or PNG image files.  Not all types of JPG files will work - so if one doesn't work for you, try to save to a different type of JPG.

You can also generate a photo and use it as a Static Picture, which you can resize it.  Static elements are placed on the canvas behind regular layout elements such as Text Boxes, etc.  Experiment with putting Static Elements on top of each other for a layered or overlapping effect.

Keep your image file sizes small if possible, as Sesame has to load that when you access the form.  Static Text, Boxes and Lines are stored in Sesame.  Static Picture files are not, so they have to "travel" with the files for the application.  To insert a Static Picture, you select Static Picture from the Select Element Type in Layout Element Adder, and then enter the complete path and filename for the image file in the Label window.  Remember to change the path in the Sesame application if you move the image files to a different folder, or computer.

I can see I need to do some more work on Static Elements, to answer some of my own questions.  Hope this has helped.

T.J.

IP Logged