Normal Topic SDesigner crash to desktop (Read 964 times)
ECBurton

No personal text

SDesigner crash to desktop
Jan 25th, 2004 at 12:16am
Print Post Print Post  
As a freelance writer I set up Sesame to track my submissions. Everything went fine. I was able to add data with ease, however I decided to make a few fields on the database a tad bigger to accomodate the long name titles of some magazine editors. I opened SDesigner to make the modification, and when I clicked on ANY field the entire program suddenly exited. I can still access the database to add information, just seemingly cannot modify the database. Is this a bug?

IP Logged

Alec
Lanticans

Re: SDesigner crash to desktop
Reply #1 - Jan 25th, 2004 at 1:07pm
Print Post Print Post  
When you opened SDesigner, did you open your original DSR file in Designer, or did you start in Sesame and "Redesign Current Application" to create a NEW DSR?

I'd like it if you could send me your file. The DSR if you opened the original; the DB if you made a new designer file.  If you don't want to send the data you can remove it by doing a mass delete in Sesame, or selecting "Application / Delete all data records" in Designer.

Please send the pair of files (DB/DAT or DSR/DDT), preferably zipped, to support@lantica.com
Thanks.

Alec
IP Logged

ECBurton

No personal text

Reply #2 - Jan 25th, 2004 at 7:45pm
Print Post Print Post  
Alec,
I tried both methods: opening in SDesigner and modifying an existing .dsr and opening in SDesigner and creating a new one. The same thing happens in both instances--a quick exit to the desktop. Btw, I'm using WinXP Pro (I didn't mention that before.) I will zip up the files and send them. Thanks for looking. Smiley

IP Logged

Alec
Lanticans

Reply #3 - Jan 26th, 2004 at 9:11pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thank you for sending in the files.  I see exactly what you're getting. We're working on it now.

Alec
IP Logged

Alec
Lanticans

Reply #4 - Jan 26th, 2004 at 11:54pm
Print Post Print Post  
This file was in a bad way. You had layout elements positioned behind the form, and you had a tab element INSIDE a text box.

Looks like you had a good play with this, trying things out. Nothing wrong with that. We need to try and find out what it is you did that actually corrupted it - probably a "circularity parenting" confusion. I'll continue this exchange with you by email.

Alec
IP Logged