Normal Topic Opening 2 databases simultaneously and login (Read 670 times)
Luc_Verlee

No personal text

Opening 2 databases simultaneously and login
Jan 30th, 2004 at 2:06pm
Print Post Print Post  
Is it still possible to open 2 (or more) databases simultaneously like in Q&A (2 or more sessions) ?

Although all of our Q&A databases  are password protected we only need a one time Q&A login for being able to open all databases (that have the same login ID and password of course).
In Sesame we have to login for each database again and again.  Is there or workaround or did we miss something ?

IP Logged

TJCajun

"Laissez les bons temps
rouler"

Re: Opening 2 databases simultaneously and login
Reply #1 - Jan 30th, 2004 at 4:07pm
Print Post Print Post  
I too would like to know the answer to this, both from a realistic standpoint (I think you can open more than one database, if you start another session of Sesame), and also from the "legal" standpoint.  By that I mean, can I "legally" open up a second session of a single installed copy of Sesame on a standalone computer and be accessing two different applications at the same time?

I have something in mind that I would like to be able to do.  If I build a "utility" application in Sesame that provides information that I can use in other Sesame applications, I would like to be able to open that utility application and have another Sesame application running at the same time.  I can then generate the information in the utility appl. and copy/paste it to the other application.  I don't want to have to insert the "utility" appl. inside every other Sesame application that I might create.  I think this would be too much effort and overhead, unless someone can argue otherwise.

Comments and discussion on this from the Lanticans, and everyone else would be most welcome!

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: Opening 2 databases simultaneously and login
Reply #2 - Feb 1st, 2004 at 1:58pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
I too would like to know the answer to this, both from a realistic standpoint (I think you can open more than one database, if you start another session of Sesame), and also from the "legal" standpoint.  By that I mean, can I "legally" open up a second session of a single installed copy of Sesame on a standalone computer and be accessing two different applications at the same time?

I can't answer officially - you will have to contact Lantica's Customer support for a "legal" answer - but it is my opinion that it is perfectly "legal" to open two copies of Sesame on two independent application files simultaneously.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged