Normal Topic Searching using Greater Than (Read 900 times)
gamedad

No personal text

Searching using Greater Than
Feb 3rd, 2004 at 1:55am
Print Post Print Post  
I have an invoice db with an invoice form.  When I try doing a search in preview mode using >1000 to retrieve all records with a value greater than $1000.00 in the LE I get records with no value and values less than and greater than $1000.00.  If I use 1000.. I get the expected result; records greater than $1000.00.
Thanks for any help
Richard

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Re: Searching using Greater Than
Reply #1 - Feb 3rd, 2004 at 3:02am
Print Post Print Post  
You have to put the value in {  }

{value > 1000.00} //value is LE name

You can place this in any element. Look at the counter, it will tell you how many records are found meeting this criteria. If you hit <ctrl end> key it will take you to the last record. When you goto last record, the status bar will state something like "entering update mode with so many records", meaing it will enter update mode where you can enter new records. Unlike Q&A,  in Sesame you can enter new records from update.

I hope this helps.

IP Logged

gamedad

No personal text

Reply #2 - Feb 3rd, 2004 at 3:13am
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks Bharat

IP Logged

gamedad

No personal text

Reply #3 - Feb 3rd, 2004 at 3:18am
Print Post Print Post  
I uesd to use > < all the time to search QA for amounts.  Looks like I'll just have to change to ..  I am hopeing to desiegn my forms to work with the menu tree closed.  Its to hard to remember all my LE names.  Not  a big deal.
Thanks again
Richard

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #4 - Feb 3rd, 2004 at 3:23am
Print Post Print Post  
Richard, Please read the following article.

http://www.lantica.com/Support/sesamelibart23.html

IP Logged

Alec
Lanticans

Reply #5 - Feb 3rd, 2004 at 10:34am
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
When I try doing a search in preview mode using >1000 to retrieve all records with a value greater than $1000.00 in the LE I get records with no value and values less than and greater than $1000.00.

- Actually this is a new bug in 1.0.1.   >1000 should work, and DID work in 1.0.  However I am not finding it retrieves all records.  I'm finding that >1000 retrieves values over 1000, plus blank fields. I do not find that it is retrieving values lower than 1000.

You do NOT have to use { } (a programmed retrieve), to find such values.  We'll fix this for the next release.

In the meantime, use   1000..   to retrieve values from 1000 upwards. Bear in mind that this is subtly different to >1000.  Assuming values are integers, you would have to use  1001.. to be the equivalent of >1000.  (See User Guide pages 198-199).

BTW  <   seems to be OK.

Alec
IP Logged