Normal Topic Custom Menu samples using Sesame Form Layout (Read 1467 times)
QuArk

Aladdin never had it this
good...

Custom Menu samples using Sesame Form Layout
Feb 6th, 2004 at 3:02pm
Print Post Print Post  
Folks,
I've been using Q&A4 exclusively for about the last 10 years and one of its mainstays besides the sheer ease of throwing together a form or adding a new field to it then collecting data was the ability to speed my own work let alone that of my clients with the use of custom menu's, also very easy to put in place.

Looks like Sesame has a really sharp learning curve for me to get up to any respectable speed and this is at a time when I'm busier than usual pulling boards and rebuilding systems for people and I need menu access to my databases more than ever to record the faulty and replacement parts plus new stock purchases and so on (plus menu access to Correspondence, Accounts. Projects, Membership, Subscriptions, Mailing List and several more databases for one of my local clubs)

To the chase...

I'm now trying to find where I read it, but somewhere in the Sesame doc's there was mention of using a Form to build custom menu's rather than treat the Form(s) as only capable of handling data entry & manipulation. The suggestion was that this could actually be a tidier solution than writing a Macro to handle access to any database.

Would anyone care to take on the task of providing a custom menu structure using Forms and I stress the plural to show how a Main Menu can be built with access to sub-menu's and back up to the Main Menu ?

I believe that there would be a HUGE queue of people wanting this as "menu'ed" access to the Q&A databases made life using a database not just bearable but almost FUN despite the sometimes serious nature of any of the data captured.

I have looked through a lot of the doc's and tutorials, with a lot more to go and I spend as much time as I can wading through the serious (and not so serious) forum posts but I could sure do with a quick-start to wrap an "envelope" round the various databases I'm converting and several I have yet to build.

IP Logged