Normal Topic Redesigning Q&A imported files (Read 827 times)
jchaparro

No personal text

Redesigning Q&A imported files
Feb 5th, 2004 at 1:39am
Print Post Print Post  
I can't find information anywhere on this.  After I imported several databases from Q&A, the forms look just like the Q&A for DOS forms (blue background with small gray font).  This OK.  However, I want to redesign the forms by changing the fonts, font sizes, coloers, etc., but can not seem to be able to select the field labels so as to redesign them with new font, new font size, etc.  I seem to be able to do this with the fields themselves, but not the labels.  How do I to this?

Thank you.

IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Re: Redesigning Q&A imported files
Reply #1 - Feb 5th, 2004 at 2:13am
Print Post Print Post  
jchaparro,

Highlight the element {sort of what we called a field in QA) then use the property editor to make your modifications.

On page 77 of the Sesame user guide you will find a chart that explains the features of each tab in the property editor box.

Sesame is very user friendly to use but It is definitely to your advantage to follow the tutorials and read a little of the manual.

If you have trouble understanding anything there are many out here that will try to help. We are all learning together.

Read some of the previous posts. They are full of information.

Welcome aboard and happy Sesameing  Smiley

PS.   if you have not read Inside Sesame the news letter covering Sesame check it out at
www.insidesesame.com . They just had an article that covers this subject exactly.

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

Jax

Reply #2 - Feb 5th, 2004 at 7:40am
Print Post Print Post  
The article Bob refers to is by Gordon Meigs in the first edition (January 2004) of Inside Sesame. The title of the article is "The 20-minute Q&A Post-Translation Makeover"  and it explains the basic steps very simply. 

IP Logged

jchaparro

No personal text

Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2004 at 5:03pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have followed and re-read the instructions several times.  I am able to redesign the actual fields, but not the labels.  When I click on the field labels, absolutely nothing happens.  It is as though the labels are read-only and not modifiable.  Any suggestions?

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #4 - Feb 6th, 2004 at 5:44pm
Print Post Print Post  
When you redesign, on the left side you see Property Editor and underneath you find Property Viewer. Both of them multiple tabs.

Property Editor, you just use it to change the property of selected element, while viewer is just for viewing what property the element has.

When you select an element, both label and text (Element) are selected. You choose either Label or Text from the set drop-down box and whichever you choose, the property will be applied to that.

Let's say, in property viewer you are on color tab, choose label for set and choose color, it will be applicable to Label.  If you choose, text in the set dropdown box, it will determine the color of the text that will go in the element. 

Property Viewer, as the name suggest, is only for viewing property.  You can choose multiple elements and change certain property for them all at once.

I hope this helps..

IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Reply #5 - Feb 6th, 2004 at 5:44pm
Print Post Print Post  
Jchaparro,

Highlight the field element
Click on the other tab in the property editor