Normal Topic Preview mode and command tree (Read 1904 times)
BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Preview mode and command tree
Feb 6th, 2004 at 10:13pm
Print Post Print Post  
You Lanticans probably know this by now and it is not a big deal, It is just an interesting anomaly.

If I close the command tree using a command button with the logic below In preview mode and then exit preview mode without reopening the command tree. The command tree becomes inaccessible in preview mode  until you exit out of Sdesigner totally and start over.

var state as Int 

state = @CloseCommandArea() // Returns the current Command Tree state
if state = 0 then
     CloseCommandArea(1)  // Closes the Command Tree
else
     CloseCommandArea(0)  // Opens the Command Tree

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Re: Preview mode and command tree
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2004 at 11:01pm
Print Post Print Post  
Bob, are you still using command button? With option to open and close the command tree from drop down menu is probably the most convenient and not carry additional baggages in terms of buttons and codes.  However, I did use your code before the new version.

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2004 at 11:24pm
Print Post Print Post  
In answer to your question - the reason it is closed and stays closed is because the "preview" is not a separate program from SDesigner itself. So when you rerun a preview, you are not restarting a new program. Sesame, in general, remembers the state of the tree. You left it closed, so it reappears closed. Because you closed it with programming, it also disables the open and close on the view pulldown.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2004 at 11:39pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
are you still using command button? 

Bharat,

Actually the command button I am playing with now does many things along with closing the command tree. It closes the tree turns specific element backgrounds different colors for different users and eliminates elements for others.

An example is, a representation of a hicfa 1500 form is displayed when a specific button is pressed it closes the command tree so there is more screen real estate it hides certain fields (for hippa purposes) based on the user and validates that the correct information is in the fields, changes the background color to red in any elements that is outside of pre chosen ranges of data, pops up a message regarding ICD9 codes and when the user responds to the last question it re-opens the menu.

Well almost like that. I am just in the playing and adjusting stages at the moment. Each hour is a new lesson. I keep finding better ways to use Sbasic and then I start over with the newer way.  Smiley

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #4 - Feb 6th, 2004 at 11:47pm
Print Post Print Post  
I just made it so that pulldown menu does not get disabled if you are in Preview mode and opening preview with a closed tree.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged