Normal Topic questions about Tabs (Read 894 times)
FSGROUP

No personal text

questions about Tabs
Jan 23rd, 2004 at 5:43pm
Print Post Print Post  
is there any way to change the order of the tabs(without deletion and recreation)?

and can you place a subform on a tab? I tried this (with the parenting correctly pointing to the Tab page and the subform fits within the tab page), but when i run the preview, the subform displays with part of it in the tab page and part of it in the form?

thanx

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: questions about Tabs
Reply #1 - Jan 23rd, 2004 at 5:51pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
is there any way to change the order of the tabs(without deletion and recreation)?

Not at this time.

Quote:
and can you place a subform on a tab? I tried this (with the parenting correctly pointing to the Tab page and the subform fits within the tab page), but when i run the preview, the subform displays with part of it in the tab page and part of it in the form?

thanx

This is a bug that Bob Scott also recently reported to us. We're looking into it.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Duane

New at this, will have
many newbie questions!

Reply #2 - Jan 23rd, 2004 at 7:17pm
Print Post Print Post  
To add another question to this.  I did a test of putting subforms on tabs, which related to other databases.  The forms showed up fine, but after saving the design, I noticed in Designer that it moved the databases, under the Parent database.  This only caused a problem when I didn't like the tab order so I deleted and started over again, but since the database were under the other database, it would stop me from creating the subform stating the Name/Database was no unique.

Not sure if that is clear on the moving under, but to keep with the directory style of the Designer here goes.  All three databases were on the same tree level, under Forms, after creating the subform in a tab, the databases moved to be subforms of the main form. 

Is this part of a bug, or should this happen?

It was only a test, not sure if going with that design or not.

Duane

IP Logged

Duane

New at this, will have
many newbie questions!

Reply #3 - Jan 23rd, 2004 at 7:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
One thing I forgot to add was the relationship was relational.  This is due to the databases.  1st "Main" held the client information with a code we currently use to identify the client,  2nd "Permits" held the permits issued for that client, and 3rd was "Invoice" which of course held the invoices for the clients.  Decided to do relational, because some times our clients work together (they are builders, contractors and developers), so a person might use the wrong code when entering a permit and wanted to be able to re-relate to the correct code if a change was needed.

Duane

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #4 - Jan 23rd, 2004 at 8:24pm
Print Post Print Post  
Duane,

When adding a subform, you can tell it to use an existing relationship. There appears to be a bug in the validation code which sees this as a duplication of field name. We'll take care of this in the next bug fix release.

Meanwhile, you can use the Field Manager to delete the subrecord field from the parent database. This will allow you to add it in again. See page 116 of the User Guide for insructions on using Field Manager.

- Hammer
IP Logged

Bobbi

No personal text

Reply #5 - Feb 7th, 2004 at 3:41am
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
This is a bug that Bob Scott also recently reported to us. We're looking into it.

Erika,

I also tried to place a subform on a tabbed page and although it looked fine in designer, when I tested it in Preview I found some of the form was on the tabbed page but most was on the parent form.  I've committed to having a tabbed form and have 4 tab pages so I really need this to work as there isn't enough room on the top part of the page to hold this field.  This is for a conversion that I had hoped to deliver in the next week or so.  Can we count on a fix in v.03?

Thanks!

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #6 - Feb 7th, 2004 at 2:02pm
Print Post Print Post  
Bobbi,

This is the same problem that BobScott reported earlier. It's been taken care of and will be fixed with the next release.

- Hammer
IP Logged