Normal Topic Form-Subform Problems (Read 664 times)
Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Form-Subform Problems
Feb 7th, 2004 at 2:44pm
Print Post Print Post  
1. In version 1.0.1, the unnecessary flags (Pop up such as stating that the record has been changes and not included in the record set) have been eliminated. One I am still seeing when I resort the subform. I do understand that I can eliminate all the flags with startup switch but that will be unnecessary.

2. When Resorting the subform, if cursor is in one of the elements of mainform, sorting is carried out as expected. However, the cursor is in subform, it remove all the records from subform. It hangs up at this point. If you try to open a form from application menu, it will point out that "sdesigner is unable to open" (needless to say that I am testing this preview of Sdesigner). When you restart the Sdesigner all over again, everything will function normally. One can duplicate this.

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: Form-Subform Problems
Reply #1 - Feb 7th, 2004 at 4:07pm
Print Post Print Post  
Bharat, could you please write up problem #2 in a bug report and send it to support@lantica.com. Please be as detailed as possible, specifying the kind of subform (table or form view), how you are kicking off the sort, are all of the records in the subform "uncommitted" (in that the parent form has not advanced), are you in add mode, or update mode, etc...?

I am working on 1.0.2 and not seeing this in Countries.db.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #2 - Feb 7th, 2004 at 5:35pm
Print Post Print Post  
Mark, You are right.  Both the Problems seem to be related to my application as I could not reproduce the problems in sample countries.db  in ver 1.0.1.  

The first problem I listed is probably because of form entry event programming.

The second problem.... just do not know yet but it is not related to Sesame, but still Sesame should not hung up. I better send the application while reporting  and have support looked at.

A word of caution for myslef: "You better check the problem with sample applications before you report it or bring it up in the forum !!!"

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - Feb 7th, 2004 at 5:55pm
Print Post Print Post  
Yes, it is nice to check with the sample apps - but, still report it if it causes a grieveous a problem in your app. By checking with the samples you can tell us what is different about your app, and that will often be the clue we need to find the problem.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged