Normal Topic Multiple "parent" forms on a single database ? (Read 529 times)
QuArk

Aladdin never had it this
good...

Multiple "parent" forms on a single database ?
Feb 9th, 2004 at 9:31pm
Print Post Print Post  
???
Is it possible with a single database to have more than one form showing the data.

All I can find reference to in the tutorials and manual (so far) is the use of sub-forms that require a minimum of 2 databases.

What I'd like is the ability to view _just_ the contact details for a person not their entire membership record when doing a lot of phone or address changes across many records.

Or is it recommended to split information very carefully across multiple databases so this can be achieved using sub-forms ?

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Re: Multiple "parent" forms on a single database ?
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2004 at 10:14pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Is it possible with a single database to have more than one form showing the data.

All I can find reference to in the tutorials and manual (so far) is the use of sub-forms that require a minimum of 2 databases.

What I'd like is the ability to view _just_ the contact details for a person not their entire membership record when doing a lot of phone or address changes across many records.

Yes.  Make another Layout form using the same database (the same folder in the command tree).  Bind the LEs to the proper fields of Database.  View the LE as a window through which you are looking at the database field.

IP Logged

QuArk

Aladdin never had it this
good...

Re: Multiple "parent" forms on a single database ?
Reply #2 - Feb 9th, 2004 at 10:38pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks Bharat - I was sure Sesame would have such a facility somewhere.

IP Logged