Normal Topic List of fields - no scroll bar (Read 850 times)
jyellis
Members

No personal text

List of fields - no scroll bar
Feb 3rd, 2004 at 5:48pm
Print Post Print Post  
When I am creating a form or report...
when the list of fields appear (when clicking "bound to") there is no scroll bar to scroll through my long list of fields.

Also in the "Manage Fields" section, the scroll bar doesn't work correctly.  It stops scroll before the end of my fields.

Is this a known error?  (Yes this was translate from Q&A 4.0)

IP Logged

Carl Underwood
Members

Re: List of fields - no scroll bar
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2004 at 12:32pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
...when the list of fields appear (when clicking "bound to") there is no scroll bar to scroll through my long list of fields.

Simply click on "Bind Element To" and while holding the mouse button, move the pointer to the last field at the bottom, and the list should scroll up.

Quote:
Also in the "Manage Fields" section, the scroll bar doesn't work correctly.  It stops scroll before the end of my fields.

Is this a known error?  (Yes this was translate from Q&A 4.0)

I reported this as a bug during the beta testing stage, but I later discovered the solution.

Move the vertical scroll bar to the bottom, then move the horizontal scroll bar all the way to the right.  This will reveal a second vertical scroll bar (crazy, I know), move that one down and move the horizontal one back to the left.  This will reveal the bottom of your list.  It can take a few adjustments to get to the middle of a very long list.

I think this is an area that needs some improvement.  It appears that there is a window within a window, which doesn't make any sense.  (Lanticans, I hope you are reading this.  Wink)

Carl Underwood
CDU Computer Consulting LLC
Epsom, New Hampshire
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2004 at 1:34pm
Print Post Print Post  
You can also click on one of the field names, then use the Down Arrow to move down your list.

Carl, I know you did report this during Beta. I apologize, but I just didn't get to fix it before release. It is on my list and it will get taken care of.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Carl Underwood
Members

Reply #3 - Feb 4th, 2004 at 1:41pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Carl, I know you did report this during Beta. I apologize, but I just didn't get to fix it before release. It is on my list and it will get taken care of.

That's OK, this is just a minor inconvenience.  I'm sure we all prefer that the more important fixes happen first. 8)

Carl Underwood
CDU Computer Consulting LLC
Epsom, New Hampshire
IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #4 - Feb 4th, 2004 at 2:54pm
Print Post Print Post  
Apart from having a scroll bar, navigation by an alphabet key (first) in the alphabetically sorted list such as xlistvalue and userselect list will make easier navigation particularly for long list. Windows Explorer and other popular programs follow this convention.

IP Logged

FSGROUP

No personal text

Reply #5 - Feb 9th, 2004 at 11:50pm
Print Post Print Post  
for the scrollbar in the manage fields section,  you have to use the horizontal scrollbar to scroll all the way right to view the inner scrollbar and then scroll down and you should see all your LEs

boggles my minds too  Undecided

IP Logged