Normal Topic Login/pass..window(s) same look, admin/application (Read 487 times)
dcostanzo
Members

No personal text

Login/pass..window(s) same look, admin/application
Feb 11th, 2004 at 8:42pm
Print Post Print Post  
Login/password  window(s) look the same for admin/application

Using a *.db
When opening an application with the security set.
The window that pops up that asks the user to enter a Login and password for the application. I have noticed that it looks the same as the server administration window.

Is there a way to the change text name/ or the color of the window on this window?;To differentiate the two windows

I find these two windows being identical can be confusing to a user.
Granted there is a conscientious by the user to know whether you are trying to open the server administration or getting into an application that has security set. If you try to open an application,it prompts the window that requires the user to enter the Login/password.
However, If you paused and came back to the screen, which Login or password is it for?

If there was a way to change the window( a suggestion)
(I.e. Please enter your user name and password for the server administrator) 
(I.e. Please enter your user name and password for the application/database)

I figured since build 1.02 is being worked on this might be a consideration for it or a future builds or maybe not.

Just curious on any thoughts with this.

Regards,

Dave Costanzo

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: Login/pass..window(s) same look, admin/applica
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2004 at 8:54pm
Print Post Print Post  
It not only looks like the same window - it is the same window. I can probably change the title on it when it is brought up in different contexts, to help people differentiate.

I'll look into it.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged