Normal Topic ODBC Mail Merge (Read 616 times)
hhiarbee

No personal text

ODBC Mail Merge
Feb 12th, 2004 at 6:35pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have been trying to experiment with the mail merge through the obdc driver.  I have the new driver and 1.01 sesame installed. Server is running and I have followed instructions to connect the driver to the database. When I go into word and make the appropriate choice i see the server recognises the connection. However I than get and error message on word that says "unable to obtain list of tables from the data source".
Also I than tried opening the database in sesame and it won't open up since for some reason (I am trying not to use the preface idiotic) it seems to think there are multiple users(so I assume).
I called tech support but the person there said he hadn't used the odbc driver and wasn't familiar with it.
Mail merge in Q&A was so simple and here it seems to be a multi step process.  We seem to have traded simplicity for power and made sesame very difficult for an end user to work with.
Any Help getting the driver to work would be appreciated. I know that there is an alternate way of doing to merges but I want to be able to try it with the obdc driver.
Thanks

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Re: ODBC Mail Merge
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2004 at 6:46pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have not been using ODBC driver for mailmerge, but I am aware of some documentation error in the manual. If your problem is related to that, please read the discussion in the following link.

http://www.lantica.com/Forum2/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=gen_disc;action=display...

IP Logged

hhiarbee

No personal text

Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2004 at 7:06pm
Print Post Print Post  
I had already looked the other threads and made the changes before posting.  I am sure it is something very simple...but still frustrating.

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2004 at 7:46pm
Print Post Print Post  
hhiarbee,

Ray is trying to escalate your support request, but we do not have any contact info. Could you please send an email to support@lantica.com?

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged