Normal Topic AUSTRALIA SUPPORT FOR SESAME??? (Read 621 times)
simonanquetil

No personal text

AUSTRALIA SUPPORT FOR SESAME???
Feb 14th, 2004 at 12:29am
Print Post Print Post  
Dear All
Does anyone support or use sesame in australia (sydney if possible)- or does anyone have experience migrating from Q&A to sesame?

I have a client who would be interested if there's anyone out there... So far I haven't found anyone in Australia!

Cheers
Simon
Cry

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Re: AUSTRALIA SUPPORT FOR SESAME???
Reply #1 - Feb 14th, 2004 at 2:41am
Print Post Print Post  
We are all here migrating from Q&A to Sesame. Most of us here are non-programmers helping each other to accomplish the job. Just like Q&A, Sesame is also easy to learn and we believe, if your client take little interest, he will probably get all the help he needs from this forum to translate his Database. As such Sesame has inbuilt translator available and programming functions and commands are practically the same and of course some are more advanced. There are more tools available to make transition smooth and end product a lot more refined and appealing.

IP Logged

simonanquetil

No personal text

Reply #2 - Feb 14th, 2004 at 3:54am
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks for your reply, and I'm glad that the above applies...
That being said, if there are any experts in Sydney I would appreciate them contacting me. I am a little hesitant to begin support Sesame for my client when I have no prior experience in the product.

And the trial version doesn't include the translator, so I can't predict how accurate the translation will be.

Thanks for all your support, and I look forward to experimenting with Sesame.

IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Reply #3 - Feb 14th, 2004 at 4:42pm
Print Post Print Post  
If you can not find someone close by to help you support your customers conversion I have in the past contracted with support companies that helps, guides and programs all over the telephone and via e-mail. I am pretty sure some of the folks on the Sesame links page could offer this service. I believe anyone supporting Sesame or any other application for that matter needs to have a good support mechanism. Smiley

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

Alec
Lanticans

Reply #4 - Feb 14th, 2004 at 6:26pm
Print Post Print Post  
We have many users in Australia and New Zealand.  It is not for us (Lantica) to put you in touch with each other. We keep all details of all our customers confidential.

There's nothing to stop any of you inviting other forum members to contact you to form a user group etc.  If there is sufficient demand we would be prepared to email users in a particular area inviting them to contact someone who was actively setting up a user group. But we wouldn't divulge their email or other details. There's too much of that.

So if you are in Australia and can help Simon, why don't you send him a message via this forum? Just click on his name to the left of the message then click on "Send this member a private message".

Alec
IP Logged