Normal Topic is "temp" a keyword? (Read 869 times)
FSGROUP

No personal text

is "temp" a keyword?
Feb 13th, 2004 at 8:13pm
Print Post Print Post  
just outta curiousity, since using it as a String variable does not seem to produce the correct results. Change the var name, and presto!, everything's swell..hm

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: is "temp" a keyword?
Reply #1 - Feb 13th, 2004 at 8:19pm
Print Post Print Post  
Temp is not a keyword. I just used it in a mass update to swap two fields.

What sort of problem were you seeing?

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2004 at 8:22pm
Print Post Print Post  
FSGroup,

If you follow the convention of putting v in front of variable, it should not have mattered, like

var vTemp as String

I use svTemp if it was static global variable. Works well for me.  Just wondering if you had chance to work with filling the list in the keyword fields with userselect command?

IP Logged

FSGROUP

No personal text

Reply #3 - Feb 13th, 2004 at 9:27pm
Print Post Print Post  
yeah, i don't know what happened. I was validating postal codes and I couldn't assign the user's input to a string var (named temp).  I changed the var name to something else, ran it once, it worked, then it gave me the same problem.  Maybe i've been staring at the monitor for too long. sorry.

Bharat_Naik: Thanx for your code.  I don't like seeing all the ";" in the Hobbies text field and having the  userselect list repeatedly appear when adding a hobby.  I don't see a workaround for it now, so it's on my to do list Wink

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #4 - Feb 13th, 2004 at 9:53pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Bharat_Naik: Thanx for your code.  I don't like seeing all the ";" in the Hobbies text field and having the  userselect list repeatedly appear when adding a hobby.  I don't see a workaround for it now, so it's on my to do list 

FSGroup,

I believe you are doing something wrong. If you entered the code as stated, as soon as you enter the LE, it will display the list. You choose one and key in  ";" from the keyboard, this will display the list again. Repeat the same process until you have completed entering the whole list. It works like a charm. Please read my earlier note again to edit the field.

You just have to update the list at two places in code when you wish to change the list of hobbies to display.

IP Logged

FSGROUP

No personal text

Reply #5 - Feb 20th, 2004 at 5:11pm
Print Post Print Post  
I've encountered the same problem again. I'm trying to import records using programming only (from the Advanced Programming Examples, p. 198).  I have a string variable named "temp", reading in a value from a csv data source file.  (in preview mode)

I'm simply doing a temp=t[1] where t is an array of string.  Depending on what variable name I use, the variable will or will not retrieve the value in t[1].  If t[1] is "780444444", then temp=0 where as if the variable is named tempvar or vPhoneNo, then it will equal 7804444444(which is correct)

Makes no sense.

IP Logged