Normal Topic reconciliation errors (Read 678 times)
FSGROUP

No personal text

reconciliation errors
Mar 3rd, 2004 at 4:52pm
Print Post Print Post  
What does "Application is already being served" mean? I get this error when I try to reconcile an application in Designer.  I just restarted the server prior to this error and the application has not been opened in Sesame (ie., to say it is not currently running)

Also, when you're in the Server Administration, what exactly does unlocking an application do? And what does it mean when you can't unlock an application?

Thanx a bunch.

IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Re: reconciliation errors
Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2004 at 6:33pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
What does "Application is already being served" mean?

Often times I leave the actual database application open when I am using Sdesigner and I get the message you are talking about. As soon as I close it I can reconcile it with out a problem. Sometimes I blow out of my application and then I get the error if I do not use Sunlock utility.

I presume "Application is already being served" means that the system believes the application is already being used.

[/quote]
when you're in the Server Administration, what exactly does unlocking an application do?
[/quote]

I will leave the technical stuff to the Lanticans to explain. But  I can tell you that if you can not open the db file unlocking it  will alow you to access it.

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

FSGROUP

No personal text

Reply #2 - Mar 3rd, 2004 at 10:06pm
Print Post Print Post  
I can unlock the application, but when I try to reconcile it from w/in Designer, I still receive a "Application is in use error".

Is there a *wrong* way of closing an application in Sesame?

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #3 - Mar 3rd, 2004 at 10:10pm
Print Post Print Post  
The only "wrong way" to close a Sesame app is to either crash or unplug the computer. All unlocking does is clear a flag inside the app that says whether it is being served.

Are you certain that you don't have the application open with another server or standalone copy of Sesame on another machine?

Are you certain that you are unlocking the right app? If you have multiple copies of the db and dat, you may be unlocking one copy and trying to reconcile another.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged