Normal Topic Macros (Read 1266 times)
dman

A Complete Dummy

Macros
Mar 6th, 2004 at 2:23pm
Print Post Print Post  
I'm trying to get a macro to work but I'm not having much luck. If I go to the toolbar and load the macro and hit F2, it works fine. I have a command button with this on element entry:
@macro("mymacro")
When I click the button it pops up a window that says macro mymacro failed to open. If I go to the toolbar and load the macro first and then click the command button, it will pop up the message and when I ckick ok it wil go on and execute. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Macros
Reply #1 - Mar 6th, 2004 at 2:43pm
Print Post Print Post  
A macro is a file. Normally this file is saved with an extension. You need to put in the entire filename, i.e. mymacro.mac. If this does not work, try using the full path to the macro file. c:\sesamemacros\mymacro.mac

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

dman

A Complete Dummy

Reply #2 - Mar 6th, 2004 at 3:55pm
Print Post Print Post  
Well that's another 3 hours I'll never get back. Smiley Thanks!

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #3 - Mar 6th, 2004 at 4:12pm
Print Post Print Post  
Is there a way to have an auto-entry macro, attached as a  switch, that will enter your UserID and Password? I am trying to have a form from an external application opened on fly using @shell command.

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #4 - Mar 7th, 2004 at 1:18pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Is there a way to have an auto-entry macro, attached as a  switch, that will enter your UserID and Password? I am trying to have a form from an external application opened on fly using @shell command.

If I understand your question: Yes - the "-macro" startup switch allows you to "playback" a macro on Sesame startup. The real question is how you are going to record a macro that contains the login info. It may be possible to have the macro record the full opening sequence, if while recording it, you reopen the application to force the login dialog to reappear while you are recording. That way it can record your user name and password to play them back.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #5 - Mar 7th, 2004 at 3:39pm
Print Post Print Post  
Mark,

Is that possible to have password and encrypted password in the startup switch?  Or when you use @shell command, can it automatically get the UserID and password from the calling database as it does in xlookups commands?  Just a thought. Thanks for your response and clarification.

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #6 - Mar 7th, 2004 at 4:48pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Mark,

Is that possible to have password and encrypted password in the startup switch?  Or when you use @shell command, can it automatically get the UserID and password from the calling database as it does in xlookups commands?  Just a thought. Thanks for your response and clarification.

No, the encypted password isn't human readable or type-able.

But I did test recording re-opening the database with record catching the keystrokes for the login and password, saving the macro and invoking it on startup. It works well.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #7 - Mar 7th, 2004 at 4:52pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks Mark. I will try that out but it is good to know that it worked for you, so sooner or later it will work for me too!!

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #8 - Mar 8th, 2004 at 3:21am
Print Post Print Post  
Yes, auto-entry Macro works fine. This will help open up the external application on the fly. Thanks.

IP Logged