Normal Topic Field Navigation (Read 773 times)
bstone30

No personal text

Field Navigation
Mar 8th, 2004 at 9:12pm
Print Post Print Post  
I'm having a problem getting my form to tab across fields properly.  As I tab through the form (left to right) The cursor is jumping down a row and you have keep tabbing until it goes back up to where the next field would be (at least in the order it was in Q&A)  I have tried changing the program execution order to no avail.  I don't have any navigation commands in the programming statements that would change the field order. So, what am I doing wrong? This is a database converted from Q&A 5.0

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Field Navigation
Reply #1 - Mar 8th, 2004 at 9:27pm
Print Post Print Post  
From the FAQ:

I've redesigned my form, now I move between fields in the wrong order. What's happened?
This is usually caused by the fields in one row not actually being aligned correctly, despite looking as if they are. Lining them up by eye can result in tiny 1-pixel misalignments which you can't see, but which results in a layout element being higher than the one to its left.

To correct this, select all the fields that are in one "row", go to Property Editor / Position tab / Align Vertically, and select "Top".

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

FSGROUP

No personal text

Reply #2 - Mar 15th, 2004 at 11:28pm
Print Post Print Post  
how do you create a tab order (through the alignment properties) such that:

if i have the follow LEs(labelled by letters) on a form:

a   c     e
b   d    f

how do i get the tab order to go a->b->c->d->e? do i have to use Goto after each LE?

thanx much.

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #3 - Mar 15th, 2004 at 11:49pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
how do i get the tab order to go a->b->c->d->e? do i have to use Goto after each LE?

thanx much.

You can lay out the elements so that they will natually follow the tab order you want, or you can use GoTo to force it. If you use GoTo, make sure the GoTo is the last line in your code.

- Hammer
IP Logged

FSGROUP

No personal text

Reply #4 - Mar 16th, 2004 at 5:36pm
Print Post Print Post  
when you say "lay out the elements so that they will naturally follow the tab order you want", do you mean upon creation of new LEs?

If so, I already have a bunch of LEs on my form, now i just want them to follow a certain tab order w/out having to insert a Goto line after each element

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #5 - Mar 16th, 2004 at 6:11pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
when you say "lay out the elements so that they will naturally follow the tab order you want", do you mean upon creation of new LEs?

If so, I already have a bunch of LEs on my form, now i just want them to follow a certain tab order w/out having to insert a Goto line after each element

On your Form design, move the elements so that they are in the order you want tab order to follow. Natural order goes left-to-right and top-to-bottom. An example of a layout that would match what you need is:

A    B    C
D    E    F

- Hammer
IP Logged