Normal Topic Re: Vertical spacing problem in Designer (Read 636 times)
Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Re: Vertical spacing problem in Designer
Mar 22nd, 2004 at 6:59pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Rubber banding all rows doesn't work because it seems there's a limit to how many elements remain tagged through banding.

Rubber banding a smaller group of rows at a time doesn't work because the newly spaced-out rows OVERLAP the remaining rows below, rather than expanding the space.

What I have done is,  first increase the height of the canvass and then start at the end and come up as you cannot choose all but only so many elements at a time and increase vertical spacing. You might have to move the blocks of elements several times as you might have increase the height of canvass several times to create the desired vertical spacing inbetween all elements. I have not found any easier way.  Starting at the end eliminates the overlapping problem.

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #1 - Mar 22nd, 2004 at 7:24pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Rubber banding all rows doesn't work because it seems there's a limit to how many elements remain tagged through banding.

There's no intentional limit. There was an minor issue with rubberbanding while the Form was scrolled, but that's fixed in 1.0.2. Can you give me any idea of what the limit appears to be?

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #2 - Mar 22nd, 2004 at 8:28pm
Print Post Print Post  
Erika,
Even with version 1.02, one can not choose but only so many elements at a time using rubberband technic. If you try to add a few more using <shift> and clicking elements, it can add a few more and then positions of some elements are automatically moved to mess up the form. This is true for all the versions of Sdesigner so far.

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #3 - Mar 22nd, 2004 at 10:11pm
Print Post Print Post  
You folks may be seeing an issue that I thought I'd fixed, but seem to have missed a piece of. The Form being scrolled can interfere with the ability of Designer to figure out which elements you rubberbanded.

Try starting from the bottom right corner of your elements and rubberbanding towards the top left.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #4 - Mar 22nd, 2004 at 10:33pm
Print Post Print Post  
Yes, one can rubberband all the elements if he start at the rt. lower corner and finish at left upper corner. Good to know this workaround.  Thanks Erika.

Walt, now you can increase the vertical spacing without much trouble.

IP Logged