Normal Topic Renaming Layout causes LE shift (Read 462 times)
PeterG

No personal text

Renaming Layout causes LE shift
Mar 29th, 2004 at 3:16pm
Print Post Print Post  
A couple of times I've discovered that the LE programming in a given layout "shifted" between LE's.   I think I've found that this is happening when I rename the layout.  Renaming the database doesn't seem to cause any problems, but when I rename the layout, it shifts the programing from one LE to the next one in line.  Anyone else experience this or know how to prevent it from happening?

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Renaming Layout causes LE shift
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2004 at 3:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
Peter,

We're going to go look for this one, but I want to make sure that we don't have any terminiology confusion. Otherwise, we'll be looking in the wrong place.  Smiley

You have programming in one or more Layout Elements. You rename the  Layout itself, and each bit of programming moves to the next Layout Element. Is that correct?

Is there any more detail you can provide about what you are doing that would help us to replicate this behavior?

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

PeterG

No personal text

Re: Renaming Layout causes LE shift
Reply #2 - Mar 29th, 2004 at 4:57pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have a layout with a tab form on it, layout elements on the tab form and the parent form.  programming on most elements, some of which is "on form change".  If I go into manage a database & manage layouts and change the name of the form, all of the programming in most  of the LE's shifts, so that the tab LE now has programming attached to it, and all of the other LE's have the wrong programming.  Let me know if you need a more complete description.  If needed, I could send you a "before" and "after" example of what happens.

IP Logged