Normal Topic Sesame 1.0.3 available for download (Read 1054 times)
Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Sesame 1.0.3 available for download
Apr 7th, 2004 at 12:24am
Print Post Print Post  
Sesame 1.0.3 is available for download at the Download Page. The documentation supplement has also been updated.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

GW

No personal text

Re: Sesame 1.0.3 available for download
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2004 at 3:20am
Print Post Print Post  
Erika
I installed the 1.0.3 patch tonight and  it has messed up all the color in my forms. Actually as far as I can tell only forms with subforms.
In designer with database manger minimized the background color of my main form has changed to black, the subform and command buttons to dark green, and of course you cannot read anything in the form.
When I close the database manger and reopen the form with designer only open, the background color is now white (normal) the subform is dark green and the command buttons are now yellow instead of the default grey

any ideas here?

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #2 - Apr 7th, 2004 at 11:44am
Print Post Print Post  
Becky,

Is it possible that you altered your Windows color settings?

Could your send your application to support@lantica.com? There is an adjustment to colors on Forms with subforms, but most people reported that it fixed a problem, rather than causing one. We'd really like to take a look at what you're seeing.

- Hammer
IP Logged

Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

Reply #3 - Apr 7th, 2004 at 4:35pm
Print Post Print Post  
Taking a quick look at my app with the new patch, I have to say EXCELLENT WORK! you fixed the subform bug nicely.

Thanks!
Steve

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #4 - Apr 7th, 2004 at 5:33pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Just curious.

I thought the Forum was intended for reporting these kinds of things, but since your release of 1.0.3 last night I haven't seen any other posts regarding this subject.

Actually, the Forum is for Peer to Peer support. People do report bugs here, but that's not it's purpose.

Quote:
Is the Forum occasionally kept out of the loop? How/where else are things being "reported"?

There isn't really a "loop". There is a standard test cycle that does not take place on the Forum. There is a small group of testers that do pre-release testing before we make a release generally available. This "alpha" testing is separate from any loop that might involve most Forum members, other than the Lanticans. In addition, bugs are regularly reported through the actual bug reporting channels, such as the online support form.

Quote:
Also, if "most" people said it fixed a problem, what did the rest say?

You're taking me a bit literally here, Walt. I didn't select the word "most" with the level of intention you've assigned to it. I'll rephrase. Our alpha testers did not report a new bug involving subform colors. The test apps that had the original color collision bug were fixed by the update.

- Hammer
IP Logged

rtaaop

No personal text

Reply #5 - Apr 7th, 2004 at 7:02pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks for the upgrade, Hammer. It solved my graphics problem and created no additional problems. Many thanks for your quick and helpful response to our problems.

IP Logged

GW

No personal text

Reply #6 - Apr 8th, 2004 at 1:53am
Print Post Print Post  
Erika, I realized later that the color problems occured in my test form which was created in version 1.0.1
When I checked my current form (after posting last night) which was created in version 1.0.2 I found the color to be as normal.
If you would still like me to send you the 1.0.1 with the bad color let me know, I will create a new test form from the current correct one.
thanks becky

IP Logged