Normal Topic Goto tab page? (Read 579 times)
Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

Goto tab page?
Apr 10th, 2004 at 8:57pm
Print Post Print Post  
Can you have programming open a tab page and goto an LE on that particular page? I have a form view subform on "tab page 3" and would like the user to be taken to the first LE on that tab if certain conditions are met while in the parent form.

I tried "Goto LE Name", and it highlited the proper LE, but it didnt open the tab page, so the box was "peeking through" tab page 1 and tab page 2.

Weird!

Thanks,
Steve in Texas

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: Goto tab page?
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2004 at 6:25pm
Print Post Print Post  
I put in a fix so that the tab page that has the focused LE is automatically selected (sent to the top). It hasn't been through testing yet, but should be in the next release.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2004 at 6:34pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sounds great! Thanks.

A similar bug appears when a Form View subform LE gets focus but the LE is "scrolled" out of the view window. The same "Partially visible" box peeks through the parent form, and tab pages if tabs are used.

Ideally, the subform should scroll automatically so the focused LE is then visible in the window.

Just a note.

Thanks again for the hard work.

Steve in Texas

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2004 at 6:41pm
Print Post Print Post  
Mark, this is a step in the right direction. Q&A users were used to Page-down key that will give them focus to the first field on the next page and one can put certain code on that field, so one has to pass through that and hence the execution of certain code. With tabs, it is even better and more efficient & effective than page-down for navigation purpose in meaningful way. I was also thinking that since tab is an element, is there a way to put a code in that? But with this, you can put code in the first element of the tab and it will serve the same purpose. Thanks Mark.

IP Logged