Normal Topic Just a compliment (Read 741 times)
johnbits

No personal text

Just a compliment
Apr 7th, 2004 at 12:15pm
Print Post Print Post  
Not quite 4 months and already 3 version updates! Now that, my friends, is SERVICE!!  I don't know if I can say I have ever found in our industry in roughly 25 years this quality of support.  A great forum, quick, detailed responses, easy access to lists of problems and updates, and quick releases for needed fixes (especially for developers).  Fanatastic!

Just a side note:  in the just-released Alpha Software Newsletter, one of the authors (a long-time Alpha and Q&A user) wrote a Q&A to Alpha conversion article. Kind of fun to note how many times he had to say how hard it would be to convert many of the aspects of a Q&A program, if at all.  Cry   Too bad he apparently has not of yet heard of Sesame (guess I'll have to tell him). Wink

- John

IP Logged

Carl Underwood
Members

Re: Just a compliment
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2004 at 12:38pm
Print Post Print Post  
I also, would like to compliment the Lantica team on their responsiveness and dedication. Where else can you get such quick help for a software product -- from the people who wrote it -- on Saturday and Sunday, no less.

What other product is so willing to implement a new feature sometimes within days of a request?

Honestly, I don't know how they give so much attention to this forum, troubleshooting and fixing bugs, and still have time to write articles for Inside Sesame. Smiley

Thank You!

Carl Underwood
CDU Computer Consulting LLC
Epsom, New Hampshire
IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #2 - Apr 7th, 2004 at 5:34pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have basically the same sentiments as expressed by Carl. Sometimes I wonder where Sesame would be with this kind of positive approach of developers and astounding response from the users. The changes in terms of addition of new functions moving at such a speed that it is even difficult for users to keep up with.

Q&A users are the real benificiaries of all these.  I have no words to express my thanks and gratitude to the development team.  This board is the best support medium that I have witnessed so far and interaction and willingness of developers to communicate with users through this medium enhances the value of this board immensely.  I have not had  a  single day so far without checking the messages on this board .  Thank you guys and gals.

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - Apr 7th, 2004 at 7:33pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks everyone. We've been putting in 7/12s for almost five years now and it feels great to have been received so well.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

Reply #4 - Apr 13th, 2004 at 1:40am
Print Post Print Post  
I'd like to ad a note of thanks, as well.

I've really enjoyed my past few weekends with a giant cup of coffee and the Lantican "by my side" (via this forum) while I work on my new database.

Thanks for all the great assistance!

Steve in Texas

IP Logged