Normal Topic Redraw problems (Read 626 times)
Justin_ICC

Redraw problems
Apr 20th, 2004 at 6:31pm
Print Post Print Post  
I started modifying the default colour for tab pages and other elements and since then i've noticed there are problems with redrawing of elements - for layout elements i've gone with a bordered style and using the background of the form to set the elements background colour, unfortunately I now get problems with redrawing of tab pages (if I switch tabs - both pages information is visible, althought if I click on the new page a second time it redraws). If I entere a lot of data quickly all the writing redraws on top of itself so it just becomes a mass of lines isntead of what i'm currently typing.

Any suggestions?

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Redraw problems
Reply #1 - Apr 20th, 2004 at 6:37pm
Print Post Print Post  
Make sure you are using a filled box, rather than a frame. Frames do not have a background and can redraw strangely if you type in them.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Justin_ICC

Reply #2 - Apr 20th, 2004 at 6:40pm
Print Post Print Post  
The problem with a filled box is that I can't control the background and the border colour independently the only way to get the colour effect I was looking for was to set it to a framed box? Is there any chance you could add a control to modify the frame as well as the label/back/text colours?

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #3 - Apr 20th, 2004 at 6:46pm
Print Post Print Post  
Try putting in a Box slightly larger than your text box. Make it whatever color you want. Drop your text box on top of it with a filled box.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Justin_ICC

Reply #4 - Apr 20th, 2004 at 6:48pm
Print Post Print Post  
That should work althought it will be a lot of work. I would suggest adding that functionality for the future though.

Thanks for the help.

IP Logged