Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Sbasic tutorial or reference books?? (Read 6993 times)
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Re: Sbasic tutorial or reference books??
Reply #15 - Apr 21st, 2004 at 8:26pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Thank you Doctor.

But upon closer inspection you will find the little vCreature is not merely beating "the drums", but rather something deep beneath the folds of flesh in his chubby little cracks and crevices.

In that case, Walt, I'm afraid I must ask you to choose a new avatar. The Forum Agreement does not allow that sort of content.
Quote:
You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law.

-----&&Erika Yoxall&&Forum Administrator

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #16 - Apr 21st, 2004 at 8:42pm
Print Post Print Post  
Erika, you could not be serious about this. We know that it is nothing more than Walt's imagination!! And you can't reprimand a man for having such a great imaginative faculties !!!  Wink

IP Logged

Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #17 - Apr 21st, 2004 at 8:50pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sorry guys. This isn't something I have a lot of leeway on.  I've explained this to Walt via private message. Let's move any further discussion of this off the public area, please. Thank you.

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #18 - Apr 21st, 2004 at 9:21pm
Print Post Print Post  
I know, Erika wants this discussion to end. But please let us not make this a prestige issue. To be honest, I do not see any vulgarity or obscenity in this. Quite an opposite, it is down right funny. How many times we have seen such gestures in a ball game while the character is leading the cheers. I find it tickling the funny bone in my body and simply makes me laugh and enjoy the jokes more.  

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #19 - Apr 21st, 2004 at 10:22pm
Print Post Print Post  
SunnyJenna,
I beg to differ but I do not see the avatar to be obscene or vulgar. Yes, Walt's interpretation is objectionable and he should be requested to remove that. Also the referenced quotes from the other notes also should be removed. Reply #15 should go and referenced quote in Forum Administrator's note should also go likewise.

I love this forum and I do not wish to see any bitterness amongst the members. Jokes make the forum lively and one should learn to appreciate and enjoy them much less get annoyed by them. (Of Course, I am not refering here obscene and vulgar jokes.)
« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2004 at 10:21am by Bharat_Naik »  

IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Reply #20 - Apr 21st, 2004 at 11:27pm
Print Post Print Post  
I don't understand.  Why is a purple smurf dancing objectionable, but a tattoo of a butterfly on someone's buttocks is acceptable?  Good thing my avatar is just a head shot Roll Eyes
==============================
Back on topic.....

Thanks for all of your answers Erika.  It may have seemed like a lot of questions (I guess it really was!), but I really do appreciate your disection and thoroughness.

More end users seem to more attuned to technology vs. solutions.  In the past few years it was Windows vs. Dos.  Then it was Y2K compatible.  Now Linux/Unix have been added to that issue.  And common language is now becoming more of an issue as open source software like FLTK become more common. 

I think that you are on the right track with supporting multiple platforms, which can help make users more comfortable as an argument against proprietary Sbasic.

I have always tried to get clients to focus on the solutions first, and then the technology for tie breakers. 

I am also glad to have hope for SDK.  Sign me up for beta testing when ready. Grin

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged

Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #21 - Apr 22nd, 2004 at 12:27pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
I don't understand.  Why is a purple smurf dancing objectionable, but a tattoo of a butterfly on someone's buttocks is acceptable?  Good thing my avatar is just a head shot Roll Eyes

Let's be clear on something. I have no general objections to either dancing cartoon characters or butterfly tattoos on buttocks. However, if you post an image of bare buttocks on this Forum, you will be politely asked to remove it.

This is a public area on a commercial site.  It is open to the underage, the elderly, the religious and those who just plain don't want to look at pictures of someone's nether regions while trying to find out how to use XLookup.

Unlike much of the Internet, this Forum needs to be a civil and safe environment where a wide range of people can come to look up information and ask questions. Opposing ideas, discussions and jokes are welcome. Flamewars, personal attacks, intimidation and vulgarity are not. It's not appropriate to display an image of a butterfly tattoo on someone's buttocks here, any more than it is appropriate to walk into someone's place of work and drop your trousers to show it to them there, regardless of what you do on the beach.

Unfortunately, there is something else I feel I must clarify.   Some of you may have noticed that all of Walt's posts have disappeared from the Forum.  This was not done by me or anyone else at Lantica, nor was it done at my request.  Some of you may also have received messages stating that Walt would now be banned from this Forum. Walt has not been banned from the Forum, nor was he in any way told he would be banned. His account is still active. The only request made of him was to change his avatar.

I would never remove a member's posts, except at their own request, or under very extreme circumstances.

IP Logged

GJK

Felix qui potuit rerum
cognoscere causas

Reply #22 - Apr 22nd, 2004 at 4:26pm
Print Post Print Post  
So, as the world turns, how about Chicago?  Wink

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #23 - Apr 22nd, 2004 at 4:55pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
So, as the world turns, how about Chicago?  Wink

Chicago is a possibility.  Smiley

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

johnbits

No personal text

Reply #24 - Apr 22nd, 2004 at 5:38pm
Print Post Print Post  
I'll add Chicago as a more likely site than Ohio for me as well.

John

IP Logged

johnbits

No personal text

Reply #25 - Apr 22nd, 2004 at 5:41pm
Print Post Print Post  
Oops!  Due to the 'off-topic' splintering here, I guess this should have been posted to the new thread regarding a Sesame Seminar.

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #26 - Apr 22nd, 2004 at 5:43pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Oops!  Due to the 'off-topic' splintering here, I guess this should have been posted to the new thread regarding a Sesame Seminar.

Yes, please.   Smiley

I'd like to have just one place to look for the results of this informal poll.

- Hammer
IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Reply #27 - Apr 22nd, 2004 at 5:50pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Can anyone refer me to a website or book regarding Sbasic programming.  I'm struggling with this and would appreciate any direction.  (Yes, I have read the Sesame programming guide more than once, its a start...but I need more help)

Have you read the article good programming practices in Sbasic by Erika Yoxall? It is really informative.

http://www.lantica.com/Support/sesamelibart26.html

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

LindyR

Thanks Lanticans!!

Reply #28 - Apr 22nd, 2004 at 6:03pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Ah, well. While we're on the subject, is anyone else interested in attending such a thing, and where are you?

OREGON CHECKING IN FOR AN SBASIC SEMINAR !

Lindy Robertson&&Beaverton Oregon
AIM AIM  
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #29 - Apr 22nd, 2004 at 6:06pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
OREGON CHECKING IN FOR AN SBASIC SEMINAR !

Please also check in on the other thread.  Smiley
http://www.lantica.com/Forum2/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=gen_disc;action=display...

- Hammer
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print