Normal Topic Heres my concept for a "LIVE page preview" (Read 561 times)
Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

Heres my concept for a "LIVE page preview"
Apr 27th, 2004 at 2:52pm
Print Post Print Post  
After reading Erika's post a out Subforms, I thought it would be fun to draw up a sort of Page Preview for my Invoice Application.

After sevral crashed in Sesame, I finally got all my LE's on a tab page called Data Entry. I then created a 2nd tab page called Print Prevew. I drew up some boxes and lines, and placed a couple of subforms at the top and middle for "Sold to" and Line Items. Added a box for date and invoice number, and changed the colors to look like our existing hardcopy invoices. It looked realy good except for the color of the subforms being beige instead of white.

I havent tested it out yet, but I hope that the subforms on this 'invoice preview' will mimick the data entered into the "data entry" tab on the invoice application. Using something I read From Bharat_naik about binding these Le's to the same feilds as th LEs on the Data entry page shoudl do it.

Bobscott, thanks again for the screenshots of your work. It minimized my "fear" of using tab pages.

Im sure I will still need to do some tweaking, especially with the subform settings, but I'll let you know how it goes, in case anyone is interested.

By the way, Im hoping this will work so it wil "ease" the transition of our salemen from handwriting invoices, to using, and enjoying, Sesame. They should be able to do a search directly from the page preview!(??)

Wish me luck, they are a hard sell!

Steve in Texas

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Heres my concept for a "LIVE page preview"
Reply #1 - Apr 27th, 2004 at 3:07pm
Print Post Print Post  
Good luck! Sounds very cool!  8) Grin Grin

BTW, if you get any clues as to why you crashed, do share it with us. We always want to make that sort of thing stop...

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

Re: Heres my concept for a "LIVE page preview"
Reply #2 - Apr 27th, 2004 at 3:18pm
Print Post Print Post  
Erika, Thanks for the encouragment! Smiley

I'll post the issue about my crash here:
http://www.lantica.com/Forum2/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=gen_disc;action=display...

IP Logged