Normal Topic Number with one decimal (Read 667 times)
JohhnyB

No personal text

Number with one decimal
Apr 30th, 2004 at 3:59pm
Print Post Print Post  
I do i construct a data entry field with a numeric format that looks like this   xx.xx   ?

IP Logged

JFisher

No personal text

Re: Number with one decimal
Reply #1 - May 1st, 2004 at 3:49pm
Print Post Print Post  
In S Designer, select the LE you want to format.
In the menu tree, in the Property Editor, click on the Format tab. You should see
"Apply Format to Selected Elements".  Select "Decimal Places" and its drop down arrow
and highlight 2.
That should take care of the decimals.  I am not yet sure how to limit the whole numbers to two digits.
Hope this helps.

Jack

IP Logged

JohhnyB

No personal text

Reply #2 - May 3rd, 2004 at 12:54pm
Print Post Print Post  
thanks.  i did eventually discover that on my own.   sesame was returning 6 decimals to my layout.  i really don't need to know how to limit it to two whole numbers.  the number i was using will never exceed two.   so,  any way thanks.  i am making progress with this tool.   i started with it monday the 26th  and have made a lot of progress.   let me ask you something else, if i may.   i come from a RPG programming background, where if i want to do a lookup on a field  i activate a command key in the program and then put some verbage on the bottom of the screen that says "use command key 4 to lookup".   so if the user doesn't need to look up,  he doesn't use command key 4.   In Sesame,  it seems like  you don't have that flexibility.  in element entry,  as soon as the cursor enters the field  up pops the lookup.  which forces the use to escape out of it.  unneccesaary key stroke and thought process .any other way to provide a lookup with out having it activate automatically??

IP Logged

JFisher

No personal text

Reply #3 - May 3rd, 2004 at 5:51pm
Print Post Print Post  
I am no expert programmer, and low on the Sesame learning curve.  I have used lookup tables and Xlookups on other Q&A databases.  I am able to delete the lookup tables, which are mostly quite small, after (or before) conversion to Sesame in favor of programming (if/then) statements, and drop down box elements.

If I had larger tables, I think I would use a variable array.
Check the Programming Manual, pages 47 to 53 about variables and arrays. ...especially p54 and 55.

I hope this is not just confusion.  I am not quite there yet, since my retirement activities keep me occupied.

Jack

IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Reply #4 - May 3rd, 2004 at 8:57pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello JohnnyB.   It sounds like one decimal is resolved.

May I suggest that you make a new posting for this new issue under it's own subject.  Mixing subjects in the same Subject thread, makes it a bit more difficult to find topics of interest.

You could cut/paste the existing information, and then leave a link with a final message that the topic has been moved to the link location.   Once that is done, then each of us who has made a subsequent posting can delete our responses to clean this out.

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged