Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Programming help (Read 6447 times)
Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Re: Programming help
Reply #30 - May 7th, 2004 at 2:13am
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Code:
var n as Int 
n = @SHELL(@CHR(34) + "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\outlook.exe" + @CHR(34) + " /c ipm.note /m recipient1@myplace.com;recipient2@yourplace.com") 

"recipient1@myplace.com;recipient2@yourplace.com" are just samples of two email addresses who receive the email.  No CC or BCC, but they can be cut and pasted after the email opens up.  This sample was to show where the recipient would be located, and to also show you can have more than one recipient, separated by a semicolon.
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2004 at 12:05am by Bob_Hansen »  

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged

Dnolan

No personal text

Reply #31 - May 7th, 2004 at 7:07pm
Print Post Print Post  
So If I don't put an address in there will the code just paste the email in the recipient address part of the email? So I would just end the code with @CHR(34) + " /c ipm.note /m ??
Thanks

IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

on computers now!

Reply #32 - May 7th, 2004 at 7:21pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
So If I don't put an address in there will the code just paste the email in the recipient address part of the email?
If you don't put the address in there, how will the code know what to paste in the recipient box? 

Include the email address of the recipient and that email address will show up in the "To:" box of the email..  If you don't include the recipient's email address, then that box will be blank, and you can type/paste in whaterver value(s) you want.

Bob Hansen
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
IP Logged

Dnolan

No personal text

Reply #33 - May 7th, 2004 at 7:47pm
Print Post Print Post  
Is there a way to program Sesame to copy the email from another text box and paste it into the recipients email address of the email? I understand that I can do it manually but I would LOVE it if Sesame could do that for me.

I have another text box that contains the email address, so I would like Sesame to copy the email from the text box and paste it into the email (To: ) that opens up. Is that even possible??  

Thank you so much for your help!

IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

on computers now!

Reply #34 - May 7th, 2004 at 8:39pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Dnolan

The following code does exactly what you are asking for.  In this example, Addressee is a text field on the form.  The code that follows could be placed in the programming section to be executed On Element Entry for the field or button or anywhere else that you want to click on.  This is really basic, for example, it does not check that valid email address in in Addressee field.  It ONLY opens up an Outlook Email with the Addressee information in the To: field of the email.

Quote:
var n as Int
var vRecipient as String

vRecipient = Addressee
n = @SHELL(@CHR(34) + "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\outlook.exe" + @CHR(34) + " /c ipm.note /m " + vRecipient)

Be sure to include the space character after the /m

Bob Hansen
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print