Normal Topic recovering Data (Read 512 times)
Rebeccafsg

No personal text

recovering Data
May 10th, 2004 at 2:26pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi,

I'm new to the forum... Just took over managing Sesame in our office.  Still trying to figure out the in's and out's of the system.  Smiley

We recently had a computer glitch that reverted our application to a previous version of the .dsr file, causing errors in the application (the forms wouldn't compile) so I used a back up that we had from a couple of weeks ago to redesign the database.  When I did that, we lost the last two weeks of entries to the application.  Is there any way to retrieve the additions that would have been made? 

Thanks alot!

Rebecca

IP Logged

Justin_ICC

Re: recovering Data
Reply #1 - May 10th, 2004 at 2:44pm
Print Post Print Post  
Did you make a copy of the crashed on before restoring the backup? If so you can probably do an export from it and then import it into the fixed database. There may be a fair bit of work to do this depending on if you are using natural linking for subforms - if this is the case you may have to do some programming to import it correctly and still maintain the links.

Justin

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: recovering Data
Reply #2 - May 10th, 2004 at 4:42pm
Print Post Print Post  
Rebecca,

If you still have the db itself, then you can:

1. Simply open the db in Designer and create a new dsr from it.
2. Delete the records from your dsr, export the records from the db, and import them into the dsr.
3. Export only those records that were "lost" from the db and import them into the dsr.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged