Normal Topic Printed page length (Read 432 times)
jwalc

No personal text

Printed page length
May 11th, 2004 at 10:56pm
Print Post Print Post  
I print checks from Q&A, using a Panasonic KX-P1150.

I just upgraded to XP and, in the process, placed the printer on LPT1, instead of LPT2.  Now when I print the checks, the do not stop at the end of the page as before, but continue on for another page-and-a-half.  Changing the page and form length defaults in the print specs seems to do nothing.  Any suggestions on what I can do to make it operate as before.

IP Logged

TJCajun

"Laissez les bons temps
rouler"

Re: Printed page length
Reply #1 - May 12th, 2004 at 11:46am
Print Post Print Post  
It sounds like you may need to "install" the printer to LPT1 and check the settings in Q&A.  You may have changed something from your previous settings (do you have those documented anywhere?).  You may not have installed fonts and that may have some bearing on your problem.

This thread discussing Q&A probably would be best moved to the "Off Topic" area.  I believe that is what has been done in the past for issues dealing specifically with Q&A, so as to reserve this area specifically for Sesame issues.

You probably should visit www.pcta-usa.com and look at the extensive section dealing with all the issues concerning Q&A, its installation on newer computers, large hard drives, etc.  Some time spent reading this comprehensive information may save you a lot of grief in the future with corrupted databases, and other problems.

IP Logged