Normal Topic Default report headers and footers (Read 525 times)
Davidb

No personal text

Default report headers and footers
May 12th, 2004 at 12:50pm
Print Post Print Post  
The application that I am working on requires a monthly statement of account be produced for all account customers. My preference is to do this within the Sesame report writer rather than export to word.

I have had some good results so far BUT Sesame writes the name of the report and page x of y to the top line of each page and the file name and the date to the bottom line of each page.

Can this information be supressed/hidden?
DavidB

IP Logged

TJCajun

"Laissez les bons temps
rouler"

Re: Default report headers and footers
Reply #1 - May 12th, 2004 at 3:07pm
Print Post Print Post  
David, I'm replying without testing, so my comments are pretty much a "guess".  The information that you are seeing at the top and bottom of the page may be due to settings in your Internet browser, since Sesame generates the report in HTML and uses your browser to view (and then to print).  If I'm correct, you will need to change the options or preferences in your browser for how pages are printed.

Should be fairly easy to test:
1) Print a saved report in Sesame (that should have the headers and footers as you describe.)
2) Change the settings in your browser to remove these from the preferences for printing from the browser.
3) Repeat the printing of the saved report to see if the values are no longer present. 

If so, problem solved as far as Sesame is concerned.  If you need this information to print when you are printing pages from the Internet in your browser, you'll have to reset them, or figure some other way to "toggle" between two browser setups.

Hope I guessed right on this! If I have time, I'll try this and get back to you as soon as I can.

IP Logged

Davidb

No personal text

Re: Default report headers and footers
Reply #2 - May 12th, 2004 at 10:52pm
Print Post Print Post  
TJ your first thoughts were correct. By removing the header and footer parameters from the browser (via page set-up) my reports now only contain data and filed headings.

many thanks
David

IP Logged